Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cat Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cat Face.
Do you love cats? This easy cat face drawing is perfect for beginning artists.
What kind of cat is your favorite? Cats come in many patterns, including spots, stripes, swirls, or other markings. The cat in this drawing guide is a tabby or striped cat.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Orange tabbies like this one are unique. Did you know? Here are some interesting facts about marmalades.
- Most orange tabby cats are male - 4 out of 5, in fact.
- Orange tabbies are known for being vocal and friendly.
- Marmalade cats are often larger than other domestic cats - both taller and heavier.
- Garfield is one of the most famous orange tabbies. Others include Oliver from Oliver and Company, and Puss in Boots.
Did you enjoy this feline drawing tutorial? Check out this detailed cat face.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cat Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cat Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cat face outline by drawing the cat’s eyes. Use two curved lines to trace each of the gently pointed shapes.
Easy Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Shade a large, round pupil inside each eye. Then, use a curved line to draw an eyebrow above each eye.
Easy Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a rounded “W” shaped line below and between the eyes. This is the cat’s mouth. Above the central point of the mouth, draw a rounded triangle for the nose.
Easy Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend curved lines from the sides of the mouth, forming the cat’s whiskers.
Easy Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long curved line around the face. Then, draw a short “U” shaped line below the mouth.
Easy Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the cat’s ears. Use curved lines to enclose the large, partial triangle shapes.
Easy Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Connect the cat’s ears with a curved line, fully enclosing the face. Draw a rounded triangle inside the ear, smaller but parallel to the exterior lines.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cat Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a rounded triangle in the remaining ear. Then, draw narrow “U” shaped lines along the top of the head, forming stripes.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cat face outline by drawing strips along the cat’s cheeks. Again, use narrow “U” shaped lines of different lengths.
Color Your Easy Cat Face Drawing
Color your cartoon cat face outline. We’ve shaded ours light and dark orange with white markings - a classic marmalade tabby cat like Firestar from Warrior Cats.
Another common tabby color is gray and black. Others are black and brown. Be creative and sketch your favorite cat!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cat Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).