Learn how to draw a great looking Funny Cat in a Box with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Funny Cat in a Box.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Cats are popular household pets because they're friendly and loveable and come in a variety of breeds. Some fictional cats, like Garfield, are some of the most famous characters in the world. With a funny cat in a box drawing, you can have a pet cat if you don't have one already.
Cats on the Internet are always doing funny things, like climbing scratching posts or sitting in boxes. "If it fits, I sits" seems to apply to most cats. No matter how small or cramped the box is, they'll squeeze in there anyway.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
While you can draw fiercer cats, like a lioness, this guide shows you how to outline a friendly cartoon cat.
When you're done, you can make up fictional stories or show this picture to a beloved cat in your life. You could also try to convince your parents to buy you a cat of your own.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cheshire Cat, Cartoon Cat, and Rena Rouge from Miraculous.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Funny Cat in a Box
How to Draw a Great Looking Funny Cat in a Box for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw two egg shapes, then sketch curved lines underneath them. Make sure the lines overlap the shapes. Sketch a loose, rounded triangle in the center, and draw ovals inside the egg shapes and fill them in.
Easy Funny Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch two curves underneath the nose, then add a straight line. Draw a few more curves around the face.
Easy Funny Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 3
3. Use large round triangles for the ears, and connect them with a curved line. Sketch whiskers on the cartoon cat's face.
Easy Funny Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw an L shape inside each ear, then add sketchy lines. Add curves on either side of the face so the head becomes an oval shape.
Easy Funny Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch two loops that resemble fish hooks for the paws. Make them overlap a straight line.
Easy Funny Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 6
6. Use lightly curved lines to make a box shape that points to the left. Add short lines to outline the toes.
Easy Funny Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a triangle to the left, then make another loose box shape to the right. Don't worry about making the lines straight.
Add More Details to Your Funny Cat in a Box Picture - Step 8
8. Add a wavy loop behind the cartoon cat for a tail. Complete the box by sketching vertical and horizontal lines underneath the cat.
Complete the Outline of Your Funny Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw loops on the cat's body to make the stripes.
Color Your Funny Cat in a Box Drawing
Outline your funny cat in a box with black, then erase the sketchy pencil lines. Congratulations! You've completed your cartoon cat.
Color your funny cat in a box bright orange with white for the ears and paws and around the eyes and mouth. Use brown for the box and pink for the nose.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Funny Cat in a Box Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).