Learn how to draw a great looking Simple Sleeping Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Simple Sleeping Cat.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
A cartoon simple sleeping cat drawing is great for beginners. Drawing this cat teaches you about basic shapes and anatomy.
When you're done, you can color your cat laying down drawing with orange, gray, black or any color that you want.
Have you ever wanted to be a housecat? Cats are lazy animals that sleep for hours a day. They eat, stretch, lie in the sun and occasionally get pets from their guardians.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Once you've completed your cat laying down drawing, you can give your cartoon cat a friend by checking out another guide, like a cat in clothes.
You could also let your simple sleeping cat relax by themselves--after all, that's what cats do best. You can draw a chair or couch underneath your cartoon cat outline so they don't have to sleep on the floor.
Make sure you use a pencil sketch before outlining the full drawing. Don't assume that you have to get it right the first time.
Even the best artists start with a sketch and erase their mistakes before they complete the drawing or painting.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Lioness, Lion Roaring, and The Jiji Cat.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Simple Sleeping Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Simple Sleeping Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw two curved lines, then sketch more curved lines above them to make shapes like incomplete lemons. Make a curvy triangle for the nose.
Easy Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Use two curves and a straight line for the mouth, then draw more curves around the face.
Easy Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a wide curve underneath the face with two triangles on each side for the fur.
Easy Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch large rounded triangles for the ears, then connect them with a single line.
Easy Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the inside of each ear with an L shape with tufts of fur in the middle, like grass.
Easy Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a loop underneath the head with two dashed lines inside. Underneath this shape, draw a long loop like a noodle.
Easy Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Make a tall curve on the right for the body. On the left, draw another loop and sketch two lines for the toes.
Add More Details to Your Simple Sleeping Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a long noodle shape for the tail that curls around the body. Sketch a short line for the arm.
Complete the Outline of Your Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Make a final curve for the right leg, then add the cartoon cat's whiskers.
Color Your Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing
Outline your cat laying down drawing with a black pen, marker or colored pencil. Erase the extra pencil lines to complete your simple sleeping cat.
For a final touch, color your cartoon cat outline bright orange with darker orange stripes. Use pink for the ears and nose and white for the paws, face and tip of the tail.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Simple Sleeping Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).