Learn how to draw a great looking Funny Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Funny Face.
Drawing a cartoon funny face is a great way to improve your art skills. Cartoons don't just make you laugh with their jokes--they make you laugh with dynamic characters and hilarious expressions.
Clowns are entertainers that you see at circuses and birthday parties. They wear brightly colored outfits and colorful face makeup that turns them into real-life cartoons.
If clowns make you laugh, you might find yourself laughing when you draw this cartoon clown with a hat, face makeup and friendly smile.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Before you get started, pick up a few sheets of paper, a pencil, eraser and coloring tools. Find a black pen so you can outline the drawing when you're done.
Have fun with this drawing--it doesn't have to be perfect. Clowns are goofy and silly, not strict and uptight.
After you outline your cartoon, use the colors that we recommend or try different colors. Clowns are so colorful that you can use just about anything.
Experiment with different shades to add depth, shadows and highlights to your drawing, or keep it simple so you can make up imaginative stories with your character.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Funny Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Funny Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Near the bottom of the page, draw a rectangular shape with round edges like the bottom of a container. Sketch two lines pointing outward from the shape.
Easy Funny Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Add identical curved lines on either side of the shape. Your sketch will resemble a large vase.
Easy Funny Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw two loops on one side of the shape like butterfly wings.
Easy Funny Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Repeat the previous step on the other side of the drawing.
Easy Funny Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Inside each shape, draw a curved line with a round hook at the end.
Easy Funny Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two large ovals with a dash on the bottom in the center of the face.
Sketch and fill in the pupils, then draw curved lines on top of the eyes with triangles in the center. Add two more triangles for the eyebrows.
Easy Funny Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch an oval in the center with a small circle, like an olive.
Add More Details to Your Funny Face Picture - Step 8
8. For the mouth, start with two curved lines to create a shape like a banana. Add lines inside the shape to make the teeth.
Draw a perpendicular curved line for the lower lip, then sketch two lines with a dip in the center above the teeth. Use two ovals for the cheeks.
Complete the Outline of Your Funny Face Drawing - Step 9
9. On either side of the head, use curved, sweeping lines to make fluffy shapes that resemble clouds.
Draw a loose bean shape on top of the head, then add an overlapping semi-circle. Sketch a flower on the right side of the hat.
Color Your Funny Face Drawing
Outline your cartoon funny face with a black pen or marker. Erase the extra pencil lines.
To complete your cartoon funny face, color the hair yellow and the flower and eye makeup blue. Use reddish-pink for the hat and face makeup. Color the rest of the face with your favorite skin color.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Funny Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).