Learn how to draw a great looking Snow Leopard with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Snow Leopard.
The snow leopard or ounce is one of 37 species of cats found throughout the world. This long-haired big cat lives in the snowy mountains of Asia. It feels right at home at elevations up to 5,500 meters or 18,000 feet!
Snow leopards can reach a length of about 2.1 meters or 7 feet, including their 0.9 meter or 3-foot-long tail. They weigh up to 41 kilograms or 90 pounds.
They have long fur on their feet that acts like a snowshoe, protecting their feet and making it easier to walk in deep snow.
Snow leopards are considered endangered or vulnerable species. Only 2,500 to 10,000 snow leopards are left in the wild.
Their range includes the Himalayas, Siberia, and Tibet. Snow leopards like their space, and these solitary big cats are rarely seen, giving them the nickname "ghosts of the mountain."
An individual may roam a territory of up to 80 square miles, hunting for sheep, goats, and smaller prey.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Among its big cat cousins, the snow leopard is the only one that cannot roar.
Would you like to draw a cartoon snow leopard? Doing so is easy with the help of this simple, step-by-step cartoon animal drawing guide. All you will need to create a realistic drawing is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Snow Leopard
How to Draw a Great Looking Snow Leopard for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing three closely spaced circles. Notice that one circle is smaller than the others; this will form the big cat's head. Note, too, the positioning of the circles. The one in the middle is lower than the others. These two larger circles will help you to sketch the animal's shoulders and hips.
Easy Snow Leopard Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line across the top of the small circle, outlining the leopard's brow. Then, draw rounded triangles on either side of the line, erasing as necessary. These will form the snow leopard's ears. Next, draw a long, curved line descending from the final circle to form the tail.
Easy Snow Leopard Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the snow leopard's jaws. Use a long, curved line that starts outside the head circle, passes into the circle, and doubles back upon itself. Note the bulge of the brow and upper snout, and the way the opened lower jaw is formed as the line doubles back upon itself.
Easy Snow Leopard Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw long, curved lines connecting the circles, forming the neck, shoulder, back, and belly. Erase the remaining guide lines left over on the head from the original circle.
Easy Snow Leopard Drawing - Step 5
5. Detail the cat's face. Draw small curved shapes to indicate the eyes and nose.
Easy Snow Leopard Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw small circles overlapping the bottoms of the large circles at the shoulder and hip. These guide lines will help you to craft the shape of the legs. Below the body, sketch rounded shapes that are flat on one side to aid in drawing the paws.
Easy Snow Leopard Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw pairs of curved lines connecting the small circles to the paws, forming the legs. Then, use curved lines to detail the toes on each paw.
Add More Details to Your Snow Leopard Picture - Step 8
8. Erase any remaining guide lines. Use curved lines to sketch the neck, foreleg, remaining rear leg, and toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Snow Leopard Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a long, curved line to finish enclosing the tail. Then, use curved lines to draw irregularly shaped spots throughout the snow leopard's body and stripes across its legs and tail.
Color Your Snow Leopard Drawing
Color your snow leopard. The fur of snow leopards is typically white or cream with black or brown spots.
Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! There are so many creatures to discover when you go on safari with our cartoon animal drawing guides.
For more great Cat drawing tutorials, see the 25 Simple Cat Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Snow Leopard Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).