Learn how to draw a great looking Tree Branch with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Tree Branch.
"Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop,
When the wind blows the cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all."
-"Rock-a-bye Baby," nursery rhyme
The tree limb, branch, or bough is a division of a tree where smaller portions branch from the main trunk.
The tree's crown is home to many animals, including birds, squirrels, and in tropical areas, monkeys.
The above nursery rhyme speaks of a baby rocked to sleep on a tree branch. Different theories strive to explain the lyrics.
One holds that its writer observed Native Americans rocking their children in birch bark baskets suspended from trees.
Another points to an English family with eight children who literally lived in a tree. Still others describe a political association.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon tree branch? This easy, step-by-step plant drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tree Branch
How to Draw a Great Looking Tree Branch for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a wavy, curved line. This begins the outline of the branch of the tree.
Easy Tree Branch Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the wavy line, angling it downward. Draw another wavy line beneath it. Connect the lines at the end using a "V" shaped line. This forms the twigs diverging from the tree branch.
Easy Tree Branch Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue the lower wavy line roughly parallel to the top line.
Easy Tree Branch Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase a portion of the bottom of the tree branch. Extend a pair of wavy lines from the opening, forming a twig. Diverge the twig several times, connecting each set of lines with a "V" shaped line.
Easy Tree Branch Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase a portion of the top of the tree branch. Extend curved lines upwards, allowing the lines to diverge into multiple twigs. Attach each with a "V" shaped line.
Easy Tree Branch Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw twigs extending from the tree limb, using pairs of wavy lines. Use multiple lines and allow them to diverge into different twigs. Use "V" shaped lines to connect them at the ends.
Easy Tree Branch Drawing - Step 7
7. Begin drawing leaves along one set of twigs. For each leaf, draw two curved lines emerging from the twig, and allow them to meet at a point. Then, draw a curved line down the center of each leaf to indicate the central vein.
Add More Details to Your Tree Branch Picture - Step 8
8. Begin drawing leaves on the next set of twigs. Again, use a pair of curved lines for each leaf and a third curved line to form the central vein.
Complete the Outline of Your Tree Branch Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw leaves on the final twigs. Use two curved lines that meet at a point to form each leaf, with a third line forming the central vein.
Color Your Tree Branch Drawing
Color your cartoon tree limb. The branch of the tree usually has brown bark; the leaves may be green, yellow, orange, red, brown, or even purple depending on the season and the type of tree.
For more great Tree drawing tutorials, see the 21 Tree Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tree Branch Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).