Learn how to draw a great looking Turkey Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Turkey Face.
Turkeys are large birds with oddly shaped heads and feathers that fan out behind their bodies. With a turkey face drawing, you can learn about your favorite wildlife.
A turkey's head is covered in strange growths that look like fungus. Each part of the turkey's head actually has a name.
The flesh around a turkey's neck is called caruncles while the appendage over the beak is called a snood, like a Dr. Seuss character.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In the United States, many people eat turkey for Thanksgiving. Typically, they serve the entire turkey on a plate with sides, like stuffing and sweet potatoes. Afterward, they have enough turkey to eat leftovers for a month.
Thanksgiving is also a time to visit family members. If you enjoy hanging out with relatives that you haven't seen in a while, you can thank a turkey.
You might even know someone in your family who goes turkey hunting.
This cartoon turkey face makes a great drawing for Thanksgiving. You could also draw it around hunting season or any other time of the year.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Turkey Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Turkey Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw two oval egg shapes near the top of the page, then sketch overlapping curves at the bottom of each shape like you're drawing a baby bird.
Easy Turkey Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Add two ovals inside the eyes, and fill them in. Draw thick dashes above the eyes with thinner dashes underneath.
Easy Turkey Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the beak with three wavy hill shapes, then make the shape come to a point at the bottom like the bottom of a heart.
Easy Turkey Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a wide, curvy V-shape inside the beak. Add dashes for the nostrils and corners of the mouth.
Easy Turkey Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a large teardrop shape over the beak and round lines for the head. If you haven't already, try drawing a bird skull later to help you better understand the head shape.
Easy Turkey Face Drawing - Step 6
6. For the neck, draw two curved lines on either side, then connect them with three hills.
Easy Turkey Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Use loose, sketchy shapes with lines and curves to outline the turkey's body. Don't focus on making them perfect--they should be rough and uneven.
Add More Details to Your Turkey Face Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch curved lines behind the head to start the feathers like you're drawing a full-body turkey.
Complete the Outline of Your Turkey Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw parallel curves to make stripes in the wings.
Color Your Turkey Face Drawing
To complete your cartoon turkey face, outline the entire drawing in black, then erase the pencil lines.
Color your cartoon turkey face with yellow for the beak, light pink for the head and red for the appendage. Use cream and different shades of brown for the feathers.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Turkey Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).