Learn how to draw a great looking Wind Turbine with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Wind Turbine.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cartoon wind turbine? Make a statement for green energy or unique architecture when you master the wind turbine outline.
What are wind turbines? They are a special technology that translates the kinetic energy of the wind into electricity. This electricity can be used to power our homes and devices.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Wind turbines have a long history. Centuries ago, windmills used wind energy to grind grain or pump water. Today's wind turbines work on the same principle.
Wind turbines are one way that the industry is making the switch from polluting fuels to eco-friendly power.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Landscape, Sci-fi Landscape, and Mountain Pixel Art.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Wind Turbine
How to Draw a Great Looking Wind Turbine for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the wind turbine outline by drawing a round shape. This is the hub or center of the windmill. Then, extend three curved lines from the hub. Double each line back upon itself to outline the blades.
Easy Wind Turbine Drawing - Step 2
2. Below the turbine, draw parallel straight lines. This is the shaft that supports the turbine. Connect the lines at the top and bottom with short lines, and draw another short line across the base of the tower.
Then, draw a curved line to connect the turbine to the shaft. Next, begin drawing the second turbine. Enclose a round shape for the hub of the turbine.
From the hub, extend lines and double them back upon themselves to form the blades.
Easy Wind Turbine Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a line and double it back upon itself to form the final blade. Use a curved line to enclose the oval shape of the engine.
Then, draw vertical, parallel lines to form the shaft. Connect the lines at the bottom, and band the base of the shaft with a short line. Enclose the round shape of the third wind turbine.
Easy Wind Turbine Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend three lines from the hub, and double them back upon themselves to enclose the blades of the turbine.
Enclose the oval-shaped engine compartment, and extend a pair of straight lines below it. Connect the lines at the bottom, and band the base of the shaft.
Easy Wind Turbine Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a fourth wind turbine. Notice that it's drawn smaller to indicate it is located in the distance. Again, enclose the round shape of the hub and extend three lines from it.
Double them back on themselves to form the blades. Draw parallel lines beneath it to form the shaft. Connect them at the bottom and band the shaft with a short horizontal line.
Easy Wind Turbine Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw a landscape around the turbines. Draw a horizontal curved line to indicate the ground. Then draw a river flowing in front of the turbines.
Use two curved lines to outline the river and many shorter curved lines to give it the texture of flowing water.
Easy Wind Turbine Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw several trees and bushes beneath the turbines. Outline the leafy foliage using a series of short curved lines. Then, use curved lines to trace the rectangular trunks.
Do you think those trees look too small? They are to scale since wind turbines are 295 feet tall! That's about the same size as the Statue of Liberty.
Add More Details to Your Wind Turbine Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of curved lines to enclose more small trees under the turbines and in the distance, on the horizon.
Complete the Outline of Your Wind Turbine Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your wind turbine outline by drawing mountains and clouds in the distance. For each mountain, use a long curved line to enclose the triangular shape. Use a series of curved lines for each cloud.
Color Your Wind Turbine Drawing
Color your cartoon wind turbine. Modern wind turbines are usually white or grey in color.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw Man-Made cartoons Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Wind Turbine Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).