Learn how to draw a great looking Alice in Wonderland with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Alice in Wonderland.
"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Alice, Disney's Alice in Wonderland
Alice in Wonderland was first brought to life by the English author Lewis Carroll in 1856. The children's book was then titled Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The story follows young Alice, who falls asleep in a meadow.
She dreams that she chases a white rabbit into its hole and enters a world full of characters such as a smoking caterpillar, a Mad Hatter hosting an endless tea party, and a playing card Queen who wants to have everyone beheaded.
According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, "Appearing at a time when children’s literature generally was intended to teach moral lessons, the book at first baffled critics, who failed to appreciate the nonsense that so captivated its young readers."
This "nonsense" has inspired countless books, theatrical performances, films, and ballets.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The stories of Alice were first told to entertain the children of the author's colleague. One of the children, who happened to be named Alice, asked for a written copy of the stories, and this was discovered by a visitor to her home who thought the stories were worth publishing. The rest is literary history.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of Alice in Wonderland? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial will show you how to sketch this classic Disney character.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Alice in Wonderland
How to Draw a Great Looking Alice in Wonderland for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Alice's face. Use curved lines to outline the brow, cheeks, and chin, the hairline with its part, the hair above the ear, and the ear itself.
Easy Alice in Wonderland Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline Alice's neck. Then, use additional curved lines to sketch her flowing hair and the ribbon around it. Texture the hair with additional curved lines. Enclose two irregular shapes above the head to form the hairbow, and detail the bow with curved lines.
Easy Alice in Wonderland Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to sketch Alice's clothing. Enclose rounded triangles to form the collar. Use a "U" shaped line for the neck of the apron, and several curved lines for the apron itself. Don't forget to outline her hair between her shoulder and cheek.
Easy Alice in Wonderland Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to draw Alice's puff sleeve and arm. Note the curved lines that indicate the overlapping material of the sleeve. Erase as necessary.
Easy Alice in Wonderland Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Alice's remaining arm. use a curved line to enclose the sleeve, pairs of lines for the arm, and narrow "U" shaped lines for the fingers.
Easy Alice in Wonderland Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Alice's eyes. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, gently pointed at the corners. Draw several successively smaller circles within each eye, and sketch short curved lines at the top to indicate eyelashes. Use curved lines to enclose the pointed brows.
Easy Alice in Wonderland Drawing - Step 7
7. Outline Alice's nose and mouth using curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Alice in Wonderland Picture - Step 8
8. Outline the skirts of Alice's dress. Use long curved lines to outline first the apron. Then, use overlapping lines to draw the draping skirt. Texture the fabric with curved lines. Use additional curved lines to draw the bow tied at the back of the dress and the wide ribbon hanging down.
Complete the Outline of Your Alice in Wonderland Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Alice's legs and feet. Use a long, curved line and double it back upon itself. Note the indentions that form the heel of the shoe. Then, use additional curved lines to outline the shoe itself.
Color Your Alice in Wonderland Drawing
Color Alice. The classic Disney character typically wears a blue dress and hair ribbon with a white apron and stockings.
Then, check out our cartoon characters drawing guides for Disney princesses, Cheshire cats, and more.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 People Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Alice in Wonderland Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).