Learn how to draw a great looking Abstract Laurel Burch Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Abstract Laurel Burch Cat.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Laurel Burch was a famous artist known for her colorful pieces that often featured cats. Learn how to draw an abstract Laurel Burch cat so you can experiment with different styles.
Most of these guides teach you how to draw realistic or cartoon characters. This guide teaches you how to draw an abstract Laurel Burch cat so you can stretch your drawing skills.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Once you learn about abstract art, you can apply what you learn to other drawings, even if they're more realistic.
Regardless of the style, all art uses geometric shapes and carefully balanced colors. Breaking up an animal, like a cat, into simple shapes teaches you more about anatomy and how art works.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Abstract Face, Pikachu, and Cartoon Lion.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Abstract Laurel Burch Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Abstract Laurel Burch Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a curve, make a deep loop and sketch another curve to make a shape like an unraveled paper clip. Sketch a lemon shape on either side of this line.
Outline circles inside the lemons, then add smaller circles and fill them in.
Easy Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Starting at the bottom of the nose, draw a wide loop, make a dome over the face and complete the shape with an identical loop.
Use triangles for the ears, and sketch a curved line between the loops. Add dashes for nostrils.
Easy Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a straight line on the right, make a loop, then bring the line upward. Sketch a straight horizontal line, and repeat the previous step. Draw straight lines to outline the toes before sketching the whiskers.
Easy Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Starting at the left side of the cat's head, draw a curve that becomes a spiral. Take the spiral upward, make a cylinder and curve the line downward again to make the tail.
Easy Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch a flower on the top of the cat's head, then draw circles on the face. Use geometric shapes like you're drawing an abstract face.
Easy Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Add two more flowers to the cat's body. Outline two semi-circles on the left side of the cartoon cat's body.
Easy Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Use loops and circles to draw more cartoon flowers.
Add More Details to Your Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Add more circles, then use rounded triangles to sketch the leaves. Draw an oblong shape near the tip of the cat's tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the butterfly's wing with two loops, then sketch circles inside. Use a circle for the head, and sketch a line that ends in a spiral.
Color Your Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing
Outline your abstract Laurel Burch cat in black, using thicker lines for the cartoon cat's body and thinner lines for the flowers and designs.
Use bright colors like orange, green and yellow to color your cartoon Laurel Burch cat. Choose pastel shades so they're not overpowering. Make the tail and eyes blue so they stand out and balance the rest of the colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Abstract Laurel Burch Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).