Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Lion with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Lion.
You'll be the king of the jungle when you learn how to draw an easy cartoon lion. With this simple animal drawing tutorial, you can master the easy cartoon lion outline in minutes.
Lions are among the most famous of the big cats. They live in Africa in groups called prides. This is unique among cats, as most species are solitary.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Most prides are made up of one adult male lion - like the one in our illustration - several females called lionesses, and baby lions called cubs. Male lions are distinguished by the hairy manes around their necks.
Did you know? In very rare instances, even female lions grow manes! This can help them fend off challengers who are trying to steal their meal.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Lion
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Lion for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy cartoon lion outline by sketching the lion's head. Use curved lines to trace the two lobes of the brow, the cheeks, and the chin.
Easy Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line below the head to begin the lion's body. Then, draw the leg using overlapping curved lines. Note the overlaps that form the toes.
Easy Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the remaining foreleg. Use vertical lines for the sides of the leg, and overlapping "C" shaped lines for the toes.
Easy Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the back and hips using a long curved line. Double it back upon itself slightly at the bottom to form the first toe. Then, use "C" shaped lines to create the crouching leg and the remaining toes.
Easy Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend two curved lines to create the lion's tail. Allow the lines to meet at a sharp point. Then, draw a bushy tuft of fur at the end of the tail. Use curved lines that meet at gentle points.
Easy Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing - Step 6
6. Outline the lion's eyes using curved lines. Within each shape, draw a circle within a circle and shade between them. Above the eyes, draw two curved lines to indicate the eyebrows.
Easy Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing - Step 7
7. Finish detailing the lion's face. Draw a small rounded triangle for the nose, with a "U" shaped line above it. Below the nose, draw a rounded "W" to form the mouth.
Draw a curved line below the mouth to indicate the chin, and straight lines crossing over the sides of it to form the whiskers.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Lion Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the lion's large, bushy mane. Use a series of curved lines that meet at sharp or gentle points. Use the mane to close the gap between the head and the body.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy cartoon lion outline by drawing his ears. For each ear, draw a semicircle with a curved line inside it.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing
Color your simple cartoon lion. Lions are typically a sandy color with a darker mane. Some lions may be white, reddish, or even black.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Lion Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).