Learn how to draw a great looking Dog Man with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Dog Man.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"A new breed of justice — one that is part dog, part man, and ALL HERO!" - Dog Man advertising slogan
Would you like to learn how to draw Dog Man, the title character of the Dog Man comic books and graphic novels? With the help of this canine character drawing guide, master the Dog Man outline.
"Dog Man is an in-universe comic series in the Captain Underpants fictional universe." In fact, he is a comic book character created by the main protagonists of Captain Underpants.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Dog Man is a "dog-headed cop." he has a dog's face and the body of a man. He came to be when a human police officer, Officer Knight, and his police dog Greg were injured in an explosion. All that could be saved was the head of one and the body of the other - together, they became Dog Man!
Dog Man can't speak English with his canine face, but he can understand and write it. From his dog-half, he obtained keen doglike senses, which he uses to fight crime.
Did you know? Many Dog Man titles are parodies of classic literature. For example:
- Lord of the Fleas (Lord of the Flies)
- Brawl of the Wild (Call of the Wild)
- For Whom the Ball Roles (For Whom the Bell Tolls - the cover art is also based on the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)
- Fetch-22 (Catch-22)
- Grime and Punishment (Crime and Punishment)
- Mothering Heights (Wuthering Heights)
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw a Balloon Dog or Boxer Dog Drawing tutorials.
See also, An Easy Wolf Face Drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Dog Man
How to Draw a Great Looking Dog Man for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Dog Man outline by drawing the head. Use a long curved line to enclose the irregular shape. Shade a small circle at the tip of the snout to form the nose. Use a long curved line for the smiling mouth.
Easy Dog Man Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a square on top of the head to indicate Dog Man's hat. Along the bottom of the square, shade a thick line. This is the brim of the hat. Draw two vertical curved lines for the eyes, and draw three dots beside the nose to indicate the whiskers.
Easy Dog Man Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to draw a shape like a tulip flower on the front of the hat. Enclose the ear by extending a curved line from the head and doubling it back upon itself.
Easy Dog Man Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another slightly curved square below the head, forming the torso of the body. Draw short lines crossing from the head to the body, forming the character's beard. Draw the remaining ear, again extending a curved line from the head and doubling it back upon itself.
Easy Dog Man Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline Dog Man's "L" shaped arms.
Easy Dog Man Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the hand, erasing as necessary. Use a series of short curved lines to indicate the fingers.
Easy Dog Man Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the other hand. Again, use a series of short curved lines to indicate the fingers.
Add More Details to Your Dog Man Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Dog Man's legs. For each leg, extend a pair of parallel lines below the body. Notice the the lines all bend to form the knees. Then, draw an oval at the bottom of one set of lines to form the foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Dog Man Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Dog Man outline by enclosing the irregular rounded shape of the remaining food and drawing the tulip-shaped icon on his shirt using a curved line and two "V" shaped lines.
Color Your Dog Man Drawing
Color your cartoon of Dog Man. He is a brown dog. His uniform is blue with yellow logos.
For more great Dog drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy to Draw Dog Drawing Tutorials post.
For more easy, cartoony drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Tutorials for Creating Cute Cartoons.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Simple Tutorials to Draw Dogs page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dog Man Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).