Learn how to draw a great looking Anime Elf with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Anime Elf.
An elf is a mythological creature of German folklore. The elves of old generally resemble tiny humans.
They were considered mischievous, causing diseases, bad dreams, or stealing children. Some were thought to be benevolent or helpful.
Elves remain a part of popular culture. They are seen everywhere from Christmas decorations to Keebler brand cookies and crackers.
A number of anime and manga feature elfin characters, which may be identified by their large, pointed ears.
These may mix Japanese and European mythologies. For example, in the anime Sword Art Online, elves of all shapes and sizes inhabit a video game world called ALfheim Online.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw an elf cartoon in anime or manga style? This easy, step-by-step anime cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished character.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Anime Elf
How to Draw a Great Looking Anime Elf for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will serve as a guide as you sketch the face.
Easy Anime Elf Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw guide lines across the circle - a straight vertical line and two horizontal lines. These lines should meet at a perpendicular angle. Then, use a series of curved lines to draw the triangular chin.
Easy Anime Elf Drawing - Step 3
3. Use the horizontal guide lines to help you place the squared anime eyes. Outline the upper and lower eyelids with thick curved lines. Enclose a large oval between them. Contour the upper lids and sides of the eyes with curved lines. Draw thick curved lines to form the eyebrows. Use additional curved lines to outline the bridge and tip of the nose, as well as the mouth.
Easy Anime Elf Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase guide lines from the face. Then, begin sketching the hair. Use overlapping curved lines and curved lines that meet at points to form the strands. Note how the hair falls across one eye. Then, draw a long curved line across the side of and below the face.
Easy Anime Elf Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase unnecessary lines from the hair. Use a curved line to outline the edge of the hair and one side of the face. Then, extend curved lines outward and double the back upon themselves to enclose the pointed ears. Detail the curves inside each ear with overlapping curved lines.
Easy Anime Elf Drawing - Step 6
6. Use long, curved lines to outline the hair and top of the head. Texture the hair with additional curved lines.
Easy Anime Elf Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend curved lines below the head to outline the neck and shoulders. Draw diagonal lines on the neck and horizontal lines across the top of the chest to indicate the tendons and collarbone.
Add More Details to Your Anime Elf Picture - Step 8
8. Use long curved lines - some meeting at points - to complete the outline of the elf's hair. Texture the hair with vertical lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Anime Elf Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the expressive eyes with overlapping ovals.
Color Your Anime Elf Drawing
Color your anime elf. In anime and manga, cartoons of elves are often marked by unusual hair colors, such as green, pink, or blue.
There is more, see all easy anime characters to draw!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Anime Elf Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).