A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Wizard with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Does your favorite manga include a touch of magic? Many do. Adding a magic-practicing wizard or mage into the mix is an easy way of making plot points happen.
You can do the same with the help of this step-by-step anime wizard drawing.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Anime Wizard
Sword Art Online's Klein once said, "An RPG without magic? That's a pretty bold decision." If you're not ready to be so bold, you can include this anime wizard in your story.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 1
1. Use a curved line to draw the man's face in 3/4 perspective. Draw a grid across it to help you place the facial features in a later step.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 2
2. Center the eyes and arched eyebrows on each half of the horizontal grid line, and the nose and mouth across the vertical line. Then, draw straight lines downward from the back of the head and each side of the forehead. These will become the wizard's long hair.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the guidelines from the face. Also, erase the top of the head. In its place, draw the pointy wizard hat. You can refer back to the lesson on anime hats for full step-by-step instructions.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the wizard's long tunic. Use curved lines for the wide neck, the sides, the front opening, the tails, and to contour the fabric.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the oversized sleeve and cuff.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the open hand with the palm facing up. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points to sketch a flame of fire hovering above the hand.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 7
7. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the remaining sleeve and the fist.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 8
8. Draw a staff in the wizard's hand. Use parallel straight lines for the shaft of the staff. Draw a circle above it, and use curved lines to enclose a "C" shape around the circle. Then, texture the man's hair with straight lines.
Anime Wizard drawing - Step 9
9. Color your cartoon wizard.
What to draw next?
How does this anime and manga wizard fit into your character's story?
Additionally, does he look like you would expect a wizard to in the world you have created? If not, that's okay - you can change and customize this character.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).