Learn how to draw a great looking April Fools Day Surprise with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful April Fools Day Surprise.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
April Fools! Are you looking to trick your friends this year on April 1st? You can learn how to draw an April Fool's Day surprise.
What is April Fool's Day? It is a social custom celebrated on the first day of April. In some places, it is called All Fools' Day. Its origins are unknown, but it has been celebrated for centuries.
How do you celebrate April Fool's Day? It is a day of practical jokes, such as telling your friends that their shoelaces are untied when they are not, or sending them on a "fool's errand" - a task with no point or that cannot be completed.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Then you shout, "April fools!" to let them know that they have fallen for your trick.
Sometimes, companies trick many people at once for April Fool's day. In 1957, for example, the BBC produced a documentary showing people harvesting spaghetti from trees, and people believed it. But there is no such thing as a spaghetti tree!
This April Fool's Day surprise is in the form of a Jack-in-the-box. A Jack-in-the-box is a music box toy with a crank. A doll inside pops out unexpectedly, startling the user.
Never fear! It's no joke that you can draw an April Fool's Day greeting!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: The Scream Mask, Voodoo Doll, and Poop Emoji.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an April Fool's Day Surprise
How to Draw a Great Looking April Fools Day Surprise for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the jester's head and hat. First, draw a pair of curved lines, and connect them on each end. This is the brim of the hat. Below the brim, draw a long curved line to enclose the round face. Above the brim, draw three overlapping triangles using curved lines. Draw a circle at the tip of each to indicate the bells or pompoms.
Easy April Fools Day Surprise Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the face. Use an oval for the nose and thick curved lines for the closed eyelids, eyebrows, mouth, and corner of the mouth. Extend a curved line from the mouth and double it back upon itself to outline the tongue. Draw a curved line down the center of the tongue.
Easy April Fools Day Surprise Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to enclose a rectangular shape below the jester's face. On it, write the words "APRIL FOOLS."
Easy April Fools Day Surprise Drawing - Step 4
4. Use straight lines to enclose a partial rectangle around the "APRIL FOOLS" sign. This forms the open top of the box. Then, draw the spring that supports the jester's head. Use parallel curved lines that wrap around in a spiral shape.
Easy April Fools Day Surprise Drawing - Step 5
5. Use straight lines to draw a rectangle shape below the "APRIL FOOLS" sign. This is the front of the box. Extend another straight line to form the bottom of the remaining side.
Easy April Fools Day Surprise Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a rectangle along the incomplete side of the box, and a triangle on the opposite side. These are the flaps or lid of the open box.
Easy April Fools Day Surprise Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a star on the front of the box. Then, draw a small rectangle at the top of the "APRIL FOOLS" sign. This forms a piece of sticky tape, attaching the sign to the Jack-in-the-box.
Add More Details to Your April Fools Day Surprise Picture - Step 8
8. Draw streamers erupting from the box. For each streamer, draw a pair of curved lines and connect them at each end.
Complete the Outline of Your April Fools Day Surprise Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw confetti falling on your friend. For each piece of paper confetti, draw a small triangle.
Color Your April Fools Day Surprise Drawing
Color your April Fools Day cartoon.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
April Fools Day Surprise Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).