Learn how to draw a great looking Eagle Head with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Eagle Head.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"For my own part. I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country. He is a bird of bad moral character. He does not get his living honestly ... besides he is a rank coward: The little king bird not bigger than a sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the district."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1784
The bald eagle, a type of sea eagle, is the national bird of the United States.
It appears on the national seal and many coins, as well as on decorations for patriotic holidays, such as the Fourth of July.
Interestingly, depictions of this animal are not always accurate.
In movies and on television, the bald eagle is shown uttering a fear-inspiring, powerful call. In reality, this is the cry of the smaller red-tailed hawk. The eagle's actual call is soft and chirpy.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In addition to its patriotic overtones, the bald eagle is also important to Native American iconography. It is a prominent figure in the mythology of many native peoples, and its feathers are used in ceremonial attire.
In some cultures, the eagle is considered the messenger between the human and spiritual realms.
Did you know? The bald eagle isn't really bald. Its head is covered in white feathers in contrast to the brown feathers of its body. From a distance, it may appear bald.
In fact, an obsolete definition of "bald" is "white-headed." If you would like to see a truly bald North American bird, check out the vulture.
Less than 100 years ago, the bald eagle faced extinction due to overhunting and the use of pesticides.
As a protected species, it made a comeback and can now be seen from Alaska to northern Mexico, west of the Rocky Mountains and east of the Mississippi River.
It lives along rivers and other bodies of water, feeding on fish and carrion.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of a majestic eagle's head?
This easy, step-by-step cartoon animal drawing tutorial will show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cartoon Hawk, Raven, and Eagle.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Eagle Head
How to Draw a Great Looking Eagle Head for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the eagle's head. Use long, curved lines, and note the "U" shaped lines that indicate a tuft of feathers at the back of the head.
Easy Eagle Head Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of "U" shaped lines, alternating between large and small sizes, to enclose the feathers at the base of the neck.
Easy Eagle Head Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the beak, erasing as necessary. Use a long, curved line to outline the curved, triangular beak. Notice the sharp tip of the beak and the gently pointed upper corner and corner of the mouth.
Easy Eagle Head Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line across the beak, enclosing a double-pointed shape at the bottom. This distinguishes the upper and lower portions of the beak.
Easy Eagle Head Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a "C" shaped line in the middle of the beak to indicate the nostril.
Easy Eagle Head Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a circle in the middle of the face to form the eye.
Easy Eagle Head Drawing - Step 7
7. Use two curved lines to outline a backward "C" shape within the eye.
Add More Details to Your Eagle Head Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the eagle's furrowed brow, erasing as necessary. Erase the top of the eye circle, and replace it with a curved line. Draw additional curved lines beside the eye.
Complete the Outline of Your Eagle Head Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a zigzag line beneath the beak.
Color Your Eagle Head Drawing
Color your cartoon eagle face drawing. The feathers of the head are white and the beak bright yellow.
Then, check out our other animal drawing guides for more birds of a feather that flock together.
For more great Bird drawing tutorials, see the 41 Easy Bird Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Eagle Head Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).