Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Beaver with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Beaver.
From sports teams to convenience stores, many organizations use beavers as mascots. You can learn how to draw a cartoon beaver with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
Beavers are one of the largest rodents. They are known for their large teeth that they use to chop down trees, as well as the flat tails they use for swimming. You can see both of these features in this illustration.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Beaver
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Beaver for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon beaver outline by drawing the animal’s face. First, use curved lines to make an irregular, inverted triangle - the beaver’s nose. Extend curved lines from each side of the nose to form the beaver’s cheeks. Enclose an oval-shaped eye atop each cheek.
Easy Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing - Step 2
2. Inside each eye, enclose an oval within an oval. Shade between them to indicate the dark pupils. Draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows. Below the nose, draw a curved “W” shaped line to form the beaver’s upper lip. Then, extend an “L” shaped line below it to begin outlining the rectangular tooth.
Easy Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of straight lines to enclose the rectangular shape of the beaver’s remaining buck tooth. Then, use curved lines to draw the beaver’s cheeks. Use “C” shaped lines, overlapping the cheeks, to form the ears.
Easy Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a smaller “C” shaped line inside each ear to contour them. Between the ears, draw a tuft of fur using a squiggly line. Connect it to the ears using curved lines. Then, draw the beaver’s shoulder and arm using a series of overlapping curved lines.
Easy Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of “U” shaped lines to enclose the character’s waving hand. Then, use overlapping curved lines to draw the remaining shoulder and arm.
Easy Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose the body and the tops of the legs using a series of long, overlapping curved lines. Use overlapping “U” shaped lines to enclose the remaining forepaw.
Easy Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the beaver’s webbed rear feet. Use “U” shaped lines for the toes, and connect them with short lines.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Beaver Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the “U” shaped toes of the remaining foot, and connect the toes with short lines. Then, enclose the beaver’s large, paddle-shaped tail using a long curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the tail by drawing a crosshatched pattern of curved lines across it.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing
Your easy cartoon beaver outline is now complete. Color your cute character. Beavers are brown or gray in color. We’ve used several shades of brown in our example - dark brown for the tail and extremities, brown for the fur, and tan for the belly and muzzle.
For more great animal drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Animal Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Beaver Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).