Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Scarecrow with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Scarecrow.
"I could think of things I'd never thunk before, and then I'd sit down and think some more. I would not be just a muffin, my head all full of stuffin'... If I only had a brain." - the Scarecrow, The Wizard of Oz
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy cartoon scarecrow? Don't be afraid! Mastering the easy cartoon scarecrow outline is well within your grasp with the help of this easy cartoon drawing guide.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What is a scarecrow? The straw-stuffed, patched together figures are common symbols of autumn.
Scarecrows were originally used to do as their name implies - to frighten crows and other animals away from gardens so they would not eat the crops.
Scarecrows are made by stuffing old clothing full of straw. The clothes are supported by wooden poles, and some parts are designed to move when the wind blows. To animals, the scarecrows look like humans.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Scarecrow
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Scarecrow for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy cartoon scarecrow outline by drawing the head, neck, and shoulders. Use a large "C" shaped line for the round head. Use a curved line to trace the crescent shape of the neck beneath it.
Then, draw a series of "U" shaped lines in a starburst pattern to indicate the straw sticking out of the collar. Then, extend two lines outward from the neck to begin the shoulders and arms.
Easy Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, outline the scarecrow's clothing. Use curved lines to trace the sleeves and the bottom of the shirt. Do the same to outline the pants.
Then, extend two short lines from the sleeve to make the arm. Use overlapping curved lines to begin tracing the glove that is the scarecrow's hand.
Easy Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing - Step 3
3. Complete the hand using "U" shaped lines, and draw a curved line across the cuff of the glove.
Use curved lines that meet at points to indicate straw sticking out of the sleeve. Then, begin drawing the remaining hand.
Easy Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing - Step 4
4. Complete the hand using "U" shaped lines and draw the jagged points of hay sticking out of the sleeve. Draw a pair of straight vertical lines below the figure.
This is the pole that supports the scarecrow. Use a series of curved lines to draw the straw sticking out of the pants leg.
Easy Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the straw in the remaining pants leg, then draw shoes below both legs. Use curved lines to create the irregular shapes of the shoes. Draw curved lines near the bottoms of the shoes to indicate the soles.
Easy Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing - Step 6
6. Give the scarecrow a face. Use curved lines to sketch the wide, smiling mouth and the half-circle shapes of the eyes.
Draw short lines above the eyes and at the corners of the mouth. Shade a circular pupil within each eye and draw an oval for the nose.
Easy Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the scarecrow's hat. Draw a curved line across the top of the head. Outline the brim by drawing an oval shape around the head. Then, use another curved line to enclose the crown of the hat on top.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Picture - Step 8
8. Detail the scarecrow's garments. Use triangles to form the collar of the shirt, and a circle for the button. Draw curved lines at the cuffs of the sleeves and bottom of the shirt.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy cartoon scarecrow outline by detailing the pants. Draw curved lines to indicate the pockets, zipper, and seams.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing
Color your easy cartoon scarecrow.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy and Fun Man-Made cartoons Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Scarecrow Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).