Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Clownfish with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Clownfish.
Would you like to draw an adorable striped clownfish? We'll walk you through this easy clownfish drawing using step-by-step instructions.
Clownfish are not difficult to draw. You will outline the body using long curved lines, with scalloped wavy lines for the fins. Then, band the fish with wavy lines and color his stripes orange and white!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Not all clownfish have white and orange stripes. Other common types of clownfish have brown or black patches, or they are maroon instead of orange. Some just have one white stripe!
If you liked this drawing guide, try your hand at everyone's favorite clownfish with this Finding Nemo drawing guide! You can even learn how to draw a coral reef, the ecosystem that clownfish call home.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Clownfish
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Clownfish for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the clownfish outline by drawing long, overlapping curved lines. This outlines the fish's head, and the overlap forms the smiling mouth. Then, draw an oval within an oval, shading the smaller shape. This is the clownfish's eye.
Easy Easy Clownfish Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line, doubled back upon itself, to enclose the fish's body. Notice the wavy scalloped pattern at the tip of the tail.
Easy Easy Clownfish Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a wavy scalloped line to draw the dorsal fin on the fish's back. Enclose another wavy scalloped line on top of it, roughly parallel to the first. This indicates a stripe on the edge of the fin.
Easy Easy Clownfish Drawing - Step 4
4. Texture the dorsal fin with curved lines. Then, enclose another fin directly behind it. Again, use two layers of wavy scalloped lines.
Easy Easy Clownfish Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the ventral fin on the fish's belly. Again, use two layers of wavy scalloped lines. Texture both fins with curved lines.
Easy Easy Clownfish Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another fin, called the anal fin, on the fish's belly. Again, use two layers of wavy scalloped lines and texture the fin with curved lines. Then, draw a curved line at the base of the fish's head to indicate the base of the pectoral fin.
Easy Easy Clownfish Drawing - Step 7
7. From the curved line, extend a wavy scalloped line and double it back on itself to enclose the fin. Then, draw a wavy scalloped line across the fin, roughly parallel to its edge.
Add More Details to Your Easy Clownfish Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the pectoral fin with curved lines. Then, detail the tail. Draw a wavy scalloped line parallel to its tip. Draw a thick curved line near the base of the tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Clownfish Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the tail fin with curved lines. Then, draw the fish's stripes. Draw one fin across the fish's middle, another between the eye and pectoral fin, and the final at the base of the tail.
Color Your Easy Clownfish Drawing
Your clownfish outline is now complete. We've shaded ours like a common clownfish - a bright orange body, three white stripes, and black stripes edging the fins and tail.
For more great sealife drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Sealife for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Clownfish Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).