Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Realistic Goldfish with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Realistic Goldfish.
Want to make a lifelike portrait of your favorite aquatic pet? This easy realistic goldfish drawing guide will show you how with step-by-step instructions.
This drawing guide uses lots of wavy lines, "U" shaped lines, and parallel curved lines to craft the features of the goldfish. Its eye is a series of successively smaller circl
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You will, of course, need to shade your goldfish in his namesake color! Most goldfish are yellow or orange. Some may be white, black, red, or spotted.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Realistic Goldfish
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Realistic Goldfish for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the goldfish outline by drawing two overlapping curved lines. These form the fish's face, with the overlap indicating the mouth. Enclose a large circle for the eye.
Easy Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend the line from the top of the head, sketching the fish's hunched back. When you reach the tip of the tail, double the line back on itself. Use a wavy pattern to make the lifelike fin. Then shade a large circle inside the eye to indicate the pupil.
Easy Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend the line at the bottom of the head to sketch the belly and lower tail fin. At the tip of the tail, double the line back upon itself in a wavy pattern. The basic outline of the fish is now fully enclosed.
Easy Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long curved and wavy line to enclose the dorsal fin on the fish's back. Texture the fin with curved lines.
Easy Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing - Step 5
5. Finish texturing the dorsal fin with curved lines. Then, draw the ventral fin, erasing it as necessary. Draw a short curved line on the fish's belly. From it, extend a curved line and a wavy line that meet at a gentle point. Texture the fin with long curved lines.
Easy Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing - Step 6
6. Finish drawing curved lines across the ventral fin. Then, outline the anal fin, a second fin on the fish's belly. Use wavy and curved lines to outline the fin, then band it with curved lines.
Easy Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw curved lines behind the eye and a longer line separating the body and head. Near the base of the head, draw a short line. Extend a line from it and double it back on itself to enclose the pectoral fin.
Add More Details to Your Easy Realistic Goldfish Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the pectoral fin with curved lines and the body with rows of "U" shaped lines - some connected and some single. These are the fish's scales.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue drawing "U" shaped scales until you reach the base of the tail. Then texture the tail fins with long curved lines.
Color Your Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing
Your goldfish outline is now complete. Add some color! As the name suggests, most goldfish display golden hues of orange or yellow. Some have white, black, or red markings.
For more great sealife drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Sealife for Beginners.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Realistic Goldfish Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).