Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Dragon Head with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Easy Dragon Head drawing.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy dragon head? This dragon face drawing tutorial will help you master the easy dragon head outline.
Dragons are the serpent-like creatures of many legends. This dragon in particular looks like a sea serpent, a "mythological and legendary marine animal that traditionally resembles an enormous snake."
This dragon's face has a strong jawline and a jutting chin. This makes the dragon look tough, strong, and powerful, even though you can't see his body.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Sightings of monstrous sea serpents are likely mistaken observations of other ocean animals. The culprits might include huge basking sharks, ribbonfish, oarfish, giant squid, large marine worms, or even porpoises swimming in a line.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Dragon Head
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Dragon Head for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy dragon head outline by sketching the dragon's eye. Use curved lines to sketch the brow and the half-circle of the eye. Then, shade a partial oval within the eye to indicate the pupil.
Easy Easy Dragon Head Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw a curved triangle to form the horn on the nose. Draw a curved line from the horn to the brow. Then, contour the nostril and below the eye using short lines.
Easy Easy Dragon Head Drawing - Step 3
3. Shade a small teardrop shape within the nostril. Then, use curved lines to trace the upper lip, mouth, and lower jaw.
Easy Easy Dragon Head Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue the back of the jaw with a "C" shaped curve. Draw small curved triangles to form the dragon's teeth.
Easy Easy Dragon Head Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another large triangular tooth jutting from the mouth. Then, contour the jawline and back of the head with curved lines.
Easy Easy Dragon Head Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a long, narrow, curved triangle to form a horn on the back of the dragon's head. Contour the base of the horn with a curved line.
Easy Easy Dragon Head Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a frill around the dragon's neck. Outline the frill using curved lines that meet at points. Then, draw a curved line across the frill toward each point.
Add More Details to Your Easy Dragon Head Picture - Step 8
8. Draw spikes on top of the dragon's head. Use curved lines that meet at points to form the parallelogram shapes. Then, extend a curved line to trace the back of the neck.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Dragon Head Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy dragon head outline by completing the neck. Extend a curved line from the lower jaw to trace the neck. Then, band the neck with curved lines.
Color Your Easy Dragon Head Drawing
Color your cartoon of a simple dragon face. We've shaded ours to look like a sea monster, using shades of green the color of seafoam.
For more great Dragon drawing tutorials, see the 50 Best Dragon Drawing Tutorials post.
Easy Dragon Head Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).