Learn how to draw a great looking Mushu from Mulan with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Mushu from Mulan.
"Dra-gon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing." - Mushu, Mulan
Would you like to learn how to draw Mushu from Mulan? This cartoon dragon drawing tutorial is here to guide you.
Mushu is a small Chinese dragon - "travel-sized for your convenience!" Mushu doesn't have wings, but he can breathe small amounts of fire. He can also communicate with animals.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Mushu was once a spirit guardian of the Fa family, but he was demoted to being a gong-ringer and incense burner after getting one of the relatives killed. He redeems himself when he helps Mulan save China.
Did you know? Mushu originally had his own song, "Keep 'Em Guessing." Ultimately, the song was cut from the film, but it has been included in stage performances of Mulan Jr.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Mushu from Mulan
How to Draw a Great Looking Mushu from Mulan for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Mushu's eyes. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, noting how the cheek partially covers the near eye.
Draw overlapping lines above the eyes to form the brow, and in front of them to indicate the wrinkled nose. Draw a curved line across each eye to form the eyelids.
Then, shade a small circle within each eye to form the pupils.
Easy Mushu from Mulan Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a rounded triangle shape to form the nose. Below it, use a series of connected "U" shaped lines to form the mustache-like upper lip. Then, draw the mouth and lower lip using long curved lines.
Easy Mushu from Mulan Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a zigzag line across the mouth to indicate the teeth, and squared, spiraled lines on the nose to form the nostrils. Draw a long, curved line intersecting the bottom lip to form the lower jaw.
Then, extend a pair of parallel curved lines from each side of the nose, allowing them to meet at sharp points. These are the dragon's barbels or whiskers.
Easy Mushu from Mulan Drawing - Step 4
4. Use pairs of lines that meet at sharp points to finish enclosing the head. Then, draw the ears. For each ear, extend a curved line and double it back upon itself. Notice that one ear has a "C" shaped notch.
Define each ear with a curved line down the middle, then band the tip of the ear with another curved line.
Easy Mushu from Mulan Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines that meet at gentle points to form the horns on top of Mushu's head. Band each tip with a curved line. Then, use curved lines to form the sinuous, snakelike neck and the front of the torso.
Use another series of lines to draw the arm. Note the furry, jagged lines at the elbow.
Easy Mushu from Mulan Drawing - Step 6
6. Use overlapping curved lines to complete the front of the arm and the fingers. Band each fingertip with a curved line to indicate the claws. Then begin drawing the remaining arm.
Easy Mushu from Mulan Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the remaining hand, and band the fingertips with curved lines. Use a long, curved line to draw Mushu's back, and a wavy line with triangular points to form the spikes or sail on his back.
Add More Details to Your Mushu from Mulan Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a long, curved line from the base of the head to the bottom of the torso to indicate the belly. Band the belly with curved lines.
Then, use curved lines to begin drawing the legs and feet. Note the curved lines across the toes and those on the knee.
Complete the Outline of Your Mushu from Mulan Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the remaining foot, noting the curved lines across the toes and knee. Extend the lines of the belly and the back to form the tail. At the tip, use curved lines to enclose a tuft.
Color Your Mushu from Mulan Drawing
Color your cartoon of Mushu. He is red with a yellow belly and black-tipped horns and ears.
For more great Dragon drawing tutorials, see the 50 Dragon Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Mushu from Mulan Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).