Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Flying Dragon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Flying Dragon.
In addition to ancient tales, dragons appear in cartoons, TV shows, comics, novels, movies and other modern stories.
While some dragons are green, this easy flying dragon is bright red like the fire that it breathes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Your cartoon dragon is friendly and ready for your imaginative adventures. Maybe your cartoon dragon protects treasure, lights campfires or guards a prince or princess in a tower.
Either way, this guide teaches you to draw a full body dragon so you can sharpen your drawing skills.
To draw your full body dragon, use a pencil for the sketch and black pen for the outline. Color your easy flying dragon with colored pencils, pens, markers, crayons or watercolors.
Once you're done, you can add a background like a cave, field or blue sky. This dragon loves flying through the clouds.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Flying Dragon
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Flying Dragon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start the head with a curvy M-shape like a bird from a distance. Draw an uneven line underneath, then sketch a curved line for the bottom of the eye.
Sketch another curved line on top and a third line that connects the two. Draw the pupil, and fill it in.
Easy Easy Flying Dragon Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch a curve underneath the mouth to create the jaw. On top of the head, use loopy curved lines to create a shape that resembles a flame.
Easy Easy Flying Dragon Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long S-shape on the left, then add a vertical curved line on the right. Add a loose, uneven line with a hook at the end.
Easy Easy Flying Dragon Drawing - Step 4
4. Complete the arm with a parallel line, and draw loops to create the fingers. Sketch a curve to the left with another line that connects the legs.
Easy Easy Flying Dragon Drawing - Step 5
5. Make an upside-down L-shape with three rounded, uneven triangles at the bottom. Connect the foot to the body with a straight line.
Easy Easy Flying Dragon Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch a semi-circle, then bring it upward into a wide curve that casts over the body like an umbrella. Draw four semi-circles with pointed ends like the edge of a scallop shell.
Easy Easy Flying Dragon Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw lines inside the wings for added depth. Sketch a wide curve for the underside of the tail, then taper the curve to a point and complete the body with a wavy line.
Add More Details to Your Easy Flying Dragon Picture - Step 8
8. Add an oblong triangle on the tip of the tail. For the scales, sketch small wavy lines like hills.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Flying Dragon Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to create a wing parallel to the first wing that you drew. Add more lines and dashes on the stomach.
Color Your Easy Flying Dragon Drawing
To complete your easy flying dragon, outline the sketch with a black pen. Erase the excess pencil lines, then start coloring the outline.
Use red for the cartoon dragon's body and yellow for the mouth, stomach and ear. Make sure you use different shades of red to capture the shadows and highlights.
For more great Dragon drawing tutorials, see the 50 Step-by-Step Dragon Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Flying Dragon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).