Learn how to draw a great looking Mother and Daughter with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Mother and Daughter.
Do you need to make a present for Mom? This easy, step-by-step family drawing tutorial will help you master the easy mother and daughter drawing outline in no time.
Mothers and their children have been frequent subjects of paintings and other art forms from time immemorial.
Famous examples include Elisabeth Louise Vigée Le Brun's Self-Portrait with Her Daughter, Julie and Kitagawa Utamaro's Midnight: Mother and Sleepy Child.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
There are also lots of songs about the bond between a mother and her daughter.
These include "In my Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride, "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift, and "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack.
How can you use this mother and daughter drawing? One way is to make a card for Mother’s Day when you learn how to draw an easy mother and daughter drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Mother and Daughter
How to Draw a Great Looking Mother and Daughter for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
Easy Mother and Daughter Drawing - Step 2
2. Complete the heart outline using a long curved line.
Easy Mother and Daughter Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin drawing the cartoon mother. Use curved lines to trace the hair and the shape of the face.
Use curved lines to draw the closed eyes, eyebrows, nose, and mouth. Draw a small oval to indicate a hair barrette.
Easy Mother and Daughter Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, outline the child's face. Use curved lines for the hair, forehead, nose, chin, and neck. Use a "C" shaped line for the ear. Around the ear, allow short lines to meet at points, indicating locks of hair.
Easy Mother and Daughter Drawing - Step 5
5. Detail the girl's face, using curved lines for the eyebrow, the closed eye, and the mouth.
Enclose a semicircle on the back of the head to indicate the hairband. Then, use two curved lines that meet at a point to enclose the ponytail.
Easy Mother and Daughter Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the neck of the mother's shirt using a "V" shaped line. Then, sketch her hair using a series of curved lines.
Notice the overlap at the top of the head and the short lines that meet at points at the end of the hair.
Easy Mother and Daughter Drawing - Step 7
7. Use long curved lines to draw the arm, and overlapping curved lines for the hand and fingers.
Add More Details to Your Mother and Daughter Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the mother's remaining arm. Use two curved lines. Then, enclose the hand and fingers using overlapping curved lines. Then, use curved lines to sketch the girl's shirt.
Complete the Outline of Your Mother and Daughter Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy mother and daughter drawing outline by drawing the girl's arm using a long curved line. Complete the woman's torso and contour the chest using curved lines.
Color Your Mother and Daughter Drawing
Color your cartoon of an easy mother and daughter. We used warm shades of pink to symbolize love.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Mother and Daughter Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).