Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape.
Mountains are some of the most beautiful and powerful natural formations on the planet. Learn how to draw a mountain landscape with a stunning water reflection.
Some people climb mountains for fun, but others prefer to admire them from afar. This guide shows you how to draw a cartoon mountain landscape with a twist: a lake that challenges you to sketch the same drawing upside down.
The reflection is mostly straightforward, but you'll need a trick to capture the water ripples.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can draw this complex image with simple shapes, lines and loops. Flip the drawing over to make sure that you're drawing the reflection accurately. You could also fold the sheet in half if you don't mind the crease.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Reflection - Mountain Landscape
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a wavy line near the middle of the page. Sketch shorter lines on either side, then use loops to draw the grass like you're outlining a cloud.
Easy Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch vertical loops with a tall loop on top to make the first tree. Add a few lines inside the tree, then repeat the previous step to start the next tree. Repeat Step 1 to sketch grass on the other side of the lake.
Easy Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing - Step 3
3. Repeat Step 2 to draw more trees. Trees don't grow perfectly, so make the loops sketchy and uneven. Some trees should overlap the others to give the drawing depth.
Easy Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing - Step 4
4. Repeat Step 3 to outline more trees. Fill the left side of the background with trees so that you can't see the horizon.
Easy Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the rest of the grass, then use uneven straight lines to draw the mountains. The biggest mountain should have a rounded top. This should look similar to a cartoon mountains landscape drawing.
Easy Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch the third mountain, then loosely sketch lines inside each mountain for added detail. Use loops to draw a fluffy cloud. Draw smaller loops inside the water.
Easy Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing - Step 7
7. Outline the trees' reflection with more loops. Make sure that the size and shape of the loops line up with the trees that you drew earlier.
Add More Details to Your Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat this process for the trees and grass, then sketch the mountains' reflection. Instead of straight lines, draw rushed, sketchy lines on the bottom half of the mountains to show the rippling water.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing - Step 9
9. Repeat Step 8 for the cloud and lines inside the mountains, which should look squiggly like lightning bolts.
Color Your Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing
Outline your cartoon mountain landscape with a black pen. Use brown for the mountains, blue for the sky, yellow for the bank and green for the trees and grass. Color the reflection with slightly different colors for added realism--the water makes the shades look different.
Afterward, challenge yourself to draw a cartoon landscape in another style, such as a pixel art mountain drawing.
For more great landscape drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Landscape Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Reflection Drawing - Mountain Landscape Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).