Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Fish with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Fish.
Capturing the beauty of the sea is not impossible! You can learn how to draw an easy fish with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
How will you use your fish drawing? You could make a "go fish" game by drawing many fish, cutting them out, and attaching a magnet or a hook to each.
Then, you can make a toy fishing pole from a stick and a string (or draw this fishing pole and cut it out!), attaching a magnet or hook to the end so you can "catch" the paper fish.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Or, you could use your drawing to decorate for Chinese New Year or another holiday that uses the fish as a symbol for good luck.
This easy fish drawing will help you gain confidence and improve your drawing skills. When you're ready, you can build your skills even more with familiar fish like this goldfish drawing or koi fish drawing. Do you see similarities in their shapes or in the texture of the scales?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Fish
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Fish for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy fish outline by drawing two curved lines. On one end, leave a space between the lines for the fish's tail. On the other, bend one line backwards, overlapping the other line. This forms the fish's smiling mouth.
Easy Easy Fish Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin drawing the tail. For each of the two tail fins, use two curved lines that meet at a point.
Easy Easy Fish Drawing - Step 3
3. Finish drawing the fish's tail. Then, draw its eye. First, draw a curved line above the mouth. On top of this line enclose a partial oval. Shade a smaller oval inside it.
Easy Easy Fish Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the dorsal fin on the fish's back. Use three lines that meet at squared points.
Easy Easy Fish Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long curved line differentiating the fish's head from its body. Then, enclose the anal fin on the bell. Again, use three curved lines that meet at squared points.
Easy Easy Fish Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the pectoral fin in the middle of the fish's body. Draw a curved line for the base of the fin, then use three more curved lines to enclose the trapezoidal shape.
Easy Easy Fish Drawing - Step 7
7. Texture all of the fins with curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Easy Fish Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the tail with curved lines. Then, begin texturing the fish's body with "C" shaped lines to indicate its scales.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Fish Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more "C" shaped scales all over the fish's body. Draw another curved line at the base of the fish's tail.
Color Your Easy Fish Drawing
Your easy fish drawing is now complete. We've colored ours green, but fish come in many colors. Be creative!
For more great sealife drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Sealife Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Fish Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).