Learn how to draw a great looking Ice Cream Tower with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Ice Cream Tower.
Have you ever eaten an ice cream tower? You can learn how to draw an ice cream tower with the help of this simple, step-by-step food drawing tutorial.
When you order an ice cream cone, how many scoops do you usually get? Most people can only eat one or two.
But sometimes, people build towers of ice cream, balanced precariously on a cone! One reason for this is to enjoy many different types or flavors of ice cream.
The concept of the ice cream tower has gone beyond the food itself. Children's stacking games are available in which they must build an ice cream tower without letting it tumble. Ice cream towers even make it into comic strips.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
For example, in one Foxtrot comic, Paige makes a tower of different colored sherbet scoops in order to achieve "rainbow sherbet."
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Ice Cream Tower
How to Draw a Great Looking Ice Cream Tower for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the ice cream tower outline by drawing the first scoop. Use a "C" shaped line for the top of the scoop and a wavy curved line for the bottom.
Easy Ice Cream Tower Drawing - Step 2
2. Contour the bottom of the scoop with curved lines. Then, use curved lines to begin drawing the second scoop.
Easy Ice Cream Tower Drawing - Step 3
3. Use wavy curved lines to enclose and detail the bottom of the second cartoon ice cream scoop. Then, extend a curved line to begin drawing the next scoop.
Easy Ice Cream Tower Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose and contour the third scoop using wavy curved lines.
Easy Ice Cream Tower Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the fourth and final scoop of ice cream. Again, use a series of curved lines.
Easy Ice Cream Tower Drawing - Step 6
6. Contour the bottom of the final scoop with a wavy line. Then, draw the ice cream cone using simple geometric shapes. First, enclose a rounded trapezoid, followed by a curved triangle.
Easy Ice Cream Tower Drawing - Step 7
7. Add toppings to your ice cream, erasing as necessary. Draw a circle on top of the ice cream tower to form the cherry. Use a wavy curved line to enclose dripping syrup on the same scoop.
Add More Details to Your Ice Cream Tower Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the cherry stem. Dimple the fruit with a short curved line, then extend two curved lines from it. Connect them on the end. Draw diagonal lines across the cone in a crosshatch pattern.
Complete the Outline of Your Ice Cream Tower Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your ice cream tower outline by drawing small oval-shaped sprinkles on top of each ice cream scoop. Draw a small oval near the cone to indicate a drip of melting ice cream.
Color Your Ice Cream Tower Drawing
Color your cartoon of an ice cream tower. You can shade the ice cream to match all your favorite flavors. Don't forget the rainbow sprinkles!
For more great food drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Food Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Ice Cream Tower Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).