Learn how to draw a great looking Cute Cupcake with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cute Cupcake.
Are you ready to party? Don't forget to invite this cute cupcake drawing. She's just as sweet as her saccharine smile.
How did the cupcake - a sweet muffin with sugar icing on top - come to be our go-to treat for celebrations?
According to the Hummingbird Bakery, "While cake itself in some form or another has been around since ancient times, cupcakes first came about in America."
The first reference to these single-serving cakes seems to be in a 1796 cookbook entitled American Cookery.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Cooking the cakes in individual cups (or a muffin tin) allows them to bake faster while using less energy. It also makes them easy to hold, to eat without plates or silverware, and be enjoyed by a crowd!
Did you know? Throughout history, sugar has not always been a readily available commodity. In the past, cakes were sweetened with honey or fruit rather than with sugar. The cakes and cupcakes we eat today are much sweeter than those of the past.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute Cupcake
How to Draw a Great Looking Cute Cupcake for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cute cupcake outline by drawing the paper wrapper. Use three curved lines to sketch the open, three-sided shape.
Easy Cute Cupcake Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin sketching the icing on top of the cupcake. Use a series of "U: shaped lines of different sizes.
Easy Cute Cupcake Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue to draw the layers of icing, using "U" shaped lines.
Easy Cute Cupcake Drawing - Step 4
4. Complete the second layer of icing with additional "U" shaped lines.
Easy Cute Cupcake Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a delicate swirl of icing on top. Use curved lines that spiral around and meet at a sharp point.
Easy Cute Cupcake Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a partial heart shape as a decoration on top of the cupcake.
Easy Cute Cupcake Drawing - Step 7
7. Give your cartoon cupcake a cute face. Draw two large, circular eyes with smaller ovals inside. Shade between the shapes. Then draw short curved lines above the eyes to indicate the eyebrows.
Add More Details to Your Cute Cupcake Picture - Step 8
8. Shade curved triangles of different sizes alongside the eyes to indicate the eyelashes. Then, enclose the mouth using curved lines. Draw a short line across it to form the tongue.
Complete the Outline of Your Cute Cupcake Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cute cupcake outline by drawing sprinkles on top. Use an abundance of small ovals.
Color Your Cute Cupcake Drawing
Color your cartoon cupcake. We've shaded ours pink, but you can use whatever bright colors you want!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cute Cupcake Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).