Learn how to draw a great looking Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian.
"Thank you for bringing peace to my valley. And good luck with The Child."
― Kuiil, Disney's The Mandalorian
The Child, nicknamed Baby Yoda by fans, is a Force-sensitive foundling in the Star Wars series The Mandalorian.
Baby Yoda was born about the year 41 BBY, around the same time as Anakin Skywalker.
He was hidden away until bounty hunters were sent to retrieve him for what was left of the Galactic Empire.
The Mandalorian bounty hunter took pity on the Child, who saved his life using Force abilities, and attempted to hide him once again.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
After The Mandalorian debuted in November of 2019, Baby Yoda quickly became a fan favorite.
He can be seen on the show's merchandise including toys and clothing.
Did you know? During filming, it took 5 puppeteers to bring Baby Yoda to life. One controlled the eyes, another the head, another the body, another the ears and mouth, and a final operator worked on stand-by.
Baby Yoda is of the same species as the Jedi Masters Yoda and Yaddle.
This alien race is "ancient and shrouded in mystery."
The species is long-lived, remaining an infant for at least 50 years but reaching maturity by the age of 100. They are capable of living for almost 1,000 years.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of the cute Baby Yoda?
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Easy step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute Baby Yoda
How to Draw a Great Looking Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This is the basis for drawing the Child's head.
Easy Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing - Step 2
2. Erase the bottom half of the oval, and replace it with a series of overlapping curved lines. Note the shape of the brow, chin, and cheeks.
Easy Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Baby Yoda's ears. For each ear, extend a series of overlapping curved lines from the oval. Allow the lines to meet so that they outline a blunt triangle. Then, draw a curved line through the middle of the ear to distinguish the inner and outer portions. Finally, texture the inner ear with curved lines.
Easy Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Baby Yoda's eyes. For each eye, use curved lines to enclose a rounded shape that is gently pointed on both ends. Draw a curved line across the eye near the outer corner, and a small circle near the inner corner. Contour the brow with a curved line above each eye. Draw a "C" shaped line and shade a small oval to form the nose.
Easy Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing - Step 5
5. Use three curved lines to outline Baby Yoda's smiling mouth and tongue. Draw a series of curved and "U" shaped lines above the eyes. Texture the face with short curved lines.
Easy Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Baby Yoda's robes. Use overlapping curved lines to outline the roughly rectangular shape. Then, use additional curved lines to separate the upper portion from the lower portion, and to indicate the vertical overlap of material. On the upper portion, draw a small button using a curved and "U" shaped line.
Easy Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Baby Yoda's feet, erasing as necessary. Enclose Several irregular rounded shapes.
Add More Details to Your Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Baby Yoda's arms. Use curved lines to enclose the sleeves, cuffs, and fingers.
Complete the Outline of Your Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved and "U" shaped lines to enclose buttons down the front of the garment.
The outline of your cute Baby Yoda drawing is now ready.
Color Your Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing
Color your cartoon of the Child. Then, check out our other easy cartoon characters drawing guides, where you'll meet up with R2-D2, Darth Maul, BB-8, Yoda, porgs, Kylo Ren, Luke, Leia, Darth Vader, and more.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).