Learn how to draw a great looking Bambi with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Bambi.
"Love is a song that never ends."
Bambi is the title character of a cherished children's book and a 1942 Disney animated film. We first meet Bambi as a newborn fawn. During his first year of life, he befriends a rabbit named Thumper and a skunk named Flower. He avoids the attention of a female fawn called Faline. He also learns of the dangers of the meadow and the need for caution.
Later, Bambi's mother is killed by hunters and he is raised by his father, the Great Prince of the Forest. Bambi II, a sequel to the original film, fills in the gaps of the young deer's youth. He goes on to become twitterpated with Faline and they have twin fawns. Plot similarities to The Lion King have been noted, namely that of a young prince losing a parent and falling in love with his best friend.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Bambi is a popular culture icon rivaling that of Mickey Mouse himself. He is featured on countless merchandise. He has made cameo appearances in unrelated films including The Rescuers, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, A Goofy Movie, Zootopia, and Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Would you like to draw Bambi? This easy, step-by-step Disney character drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Bambi
How to Draw a Great Looking Bambi for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will help you shape Bambi's head.
Easy Bambi Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to begin to detail the face, mouth, and nose. Extend a curved line from the bottom of the circle to begin the lower jaw. Draw another line near the top of the circle. Allow it to run nearly parallel to the circle before jutting out to form the nose, then returning to close proximity. Use a curved line to enclose the shape of the nose.
Easy Bambi Drawing - Step 3
3. Use two curved lines to enclose the open mouth. Use another curved line, parallel to the lower lip, to form the tongue. Draw a curved line down its center.
Easy Bambi Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to indicate fur on the top and side of the head.
Easy Bambi Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the original circle, leaving a clean outline of the head.
Easy Bambi Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Bambi's ear. Use two curved lines to enclose a shape that is pointed on both ends. It should be located partially within and partially outside of the shape of the head. Note that the line continues to extend past the bottom of the ear.
Easy Bambi Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a long, curved line to outline the remainder of the ear. Then, draw another line within it, parallel to the first. Erase lines as necessary.
Add More Details to Your Bambi Picture - Step 8
8. Use a long, curved line to enclose the irregular shape of the remaining ear. Detail it with a curved line at its tip, parallel to the outline. Then, extend two curved lines beneath the head, forming the neck.
Complete the Outline of Your Bambi Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Bambi's face. Draw a large oval with a flat bottom in the middle of the face. Draw another, similar shape within it to form the eye. Draw a curved line across the top of the eye to indicate the eyelid and lash. Then, enclose three successively smaller circular shapes within the eye. Shade between the two smallest to indicate the pupil. Finally, draw a curved line from the top of the eye to the opposite side of the face.
Color Your Bambi Drawing
Color Bambi in various shades of brown.
Oh, deer! You can draw an entire herd with the help of these animal drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Bambi Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).