Learn how to draw a great looking Catwoman with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Catwoman.
Catwoman is the supervillain alias of the fictional character Selina Kyle, and occasionally of other female characters. She first appeared as "the Cat" in DC Comics Batman #1 in 1940.
She is a burglar in Gotham city, and her preferred weapon is a bullwhip. She wears a tight black suit and is often outfitted with spy gear.
Catwoman "is one of the Dark Knight's most enduring enemies" part of his rogues gallery. At times, though, she becomes an anti-hero rather than a villain, "doing the wrong things for the right reasons." She is also Batman's most enduring love interest.
In addition to comics, Catwoman has appeared in films, live-action series, animated series, video games, and merchandise.
Rarely, she is accompanied by a sidekick known as Catgirl. She also has a daughter named Helene, of whom Batman may be the father.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon portrait of the notorious Catwoman? This easy, step-by-step superhero drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, crayon, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished caricature.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Catwoman
How to Draw a Great Looking Catwoman for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long curved line to enclose an inverted teardrop shape. This forms Catwoman’s head, with the point indicating the chin.
Easy Catwoman Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two curved lines from the side of the figure to the center of the face. Allow them to meet at a gentle point. This outlines the opening in Catwoman’s mask.
Easy Catwoman Drawing - Step 3
3. Use long curved lines to enclose two irregular rounded shapes. These are the openings for Catwoman’s eyes.
Easy Catwoman Drawing - Step 4
4. Below the top of the mask opening, draw a short curved line. At each end, double it back upon itself to enclose a tiny teardrop shape. This forms Catwoman’s nose and nostrils. Below the nose, use two curved lines to enclose the mouth, pointed at the corners. Below the mouth, draw a “U” shaped line to contour the chin.
Easy Catwoman Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend two curved lines below the face to form the neck. Extend two straight lines from the neck at a diagonal angle, and connect them using two straight lines to form a diamond shape.
Easy Catwoman Drawing - Step 6
6. Detail the eyes. Use two curved lines, connected at a point on one end and by a short straight line on the other, to form the eyebrows. Below the brow, enclose a partial circle. Inside each circle, draw the slit-like pupil using two curved lines that meet at points on each end. To one side of the eye, draw a curved triangle.
Easy Catwoman Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Catwoman’s cat ears. Use a curved line to enclose the rounded triangular shape of each ear.
Add More Details to Your Catwoman Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the shine on Catwoman’s disguise. Across each ear, draw two series of curved lines. Allow the lines to meet at points. Connect the top lines of each ear by drawing a series of curved lines across the top of the head. Then, draw a series of lines from one ear to the eye. From the remaining ear, draw a series of lines to reach the eye.
Complete the Outline of Your Catwoman Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw series of lines to enclose pointed shapes above the remaining eye, below both eyes, and down one side of the neck.
Color Your Catwoman Drawing
Color your cartoon of Catwoman. She typically wears a shiny black suit.
Then, check out our other superhero cartoon tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Catwoman Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).