Learn how to draw a great looking Grapes with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Grapes.
“Wine had to be grapes first. Diamonds had to be rocks first. Butterflies had to be caterpillars first. Rainbows had to be storms first.”
― Author Matshona Dhliwayo
The term grape describes about 80 species of vining plants native to the northern hemisphere. The plants grow quite large, reaching lengths of 56 feet (17 meters) or more.
Grapes are enjoyed as a fruit in their own right. They are also dried to form raisins and squeezed to produce grape juice. This juice can be fermented to produce wine.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Clusters of grapes are often used as a symbol in art and popular culture. Christian iconography may include grapes in relation to the many mentions of the fruit, wine, and vineyards in the Bible.
Grapes may symbolize wine culture in general or the country of Italy, famous for its vineyards.
Another memorable use of grapes is representative of wealth and luxury - that of a reclining person in an ancient or modern setting suspending a bunch of grapes above his or her head, eating directly from the cluster, or being fed grapes by another person.
In stark contrast to these uses is the symbolism in the classic novel The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck: "And in the eyes of the hungry there is a growing wrath. In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage."
This passage references a line from the "Battle Hymn of the Republic," a spiritual song from the 1860s.
Would you like to include grapes in your next cartoon? This easy, step-by-step cartoon fruit drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Grapes
How to Draw a Great Looking Grapes for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. Then, draw many circles, some of which are partially hidden by previously drawn circles. This begins the outline of the overlapping grapes.
Easy Grapes Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another small circle beneath the first group of circles. Then, draw several more partial circles overlapping one another. This forms another cluster of grapes.
Easy Grapes Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw many more overlapping circles. These circles should connect and expand the previous circles. Notice the roughly inverted triangle shape of the cluster of grapes.
Easy Grapes Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two curved lines upward from the cluster of grapes. This forms the stem on which the grapes grow.
Easy Grapes Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long, curved line snaking around above the grape cluster. The line should cross the top of the stem. This line begins the outline of the grape leaf.
Easy Grapes Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a series of curved lines to complete the outline of the heart shaped leaf. Notice how a smaller line connects the two larger lines, forming a jagged division in the leaf.
Easy Grapes Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a long, curved line down the center of the leaf, forming the central vein. Then, draw shorter curved lines of various lengths extending from the central vein, forming secondary veins.
Add More Details to Your Grapes Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a pair of curved lines from the base of the leaf, forming a stem.
Complete the Outline of Your Grapes Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a pair of curved lines from the leaf, continuing the stem or vine on which the grapes are growing. Allow the leaf's stem to attach to it, and connect the lines at the end using a small oval.
Color Your Grapes Drawing
Color your bunch of grapes. Grapes are described as "red" or "white," but they may appear purple, red, or green.
Plant your vineyard with the help of our grapevine drawing guide, or set the table with more fruits and veggies. You'll find them all among our cartoon plants drawing guides.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy and Fun Really Easy Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Grapes Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).