Learn how to draw a great looking Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters drawing.
"Happy Birthday to You...
From good friends and true,
From old friends and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too."
- "Happy Birthday to You," traditional birthday song
A birthday marks the anniversary of one's birth. In many cultures, birthdays are marked and celebrated with parties, gifts, or special foods. Certain birthdays are considered rites of passage. For example, a girl's fifteenth birthday may be her quinceañera, or a girl's sixteenth birthday her "sweet sixteen." Jewish girls celebrate a bat mitzvah on their twelfth birthday, and boys a bar mitzvah on their thirteenth.
Legal conventions also pertain to one's birthday. In the United States, for example, youth can obtain a driver's license at age 16 and purchase alcohol at age 21. Countries may mark the birth of important historical figures with national holidays. Many religions do likewise.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The celebration of birthdays is ancient. Persians, Romans, and others feasted. Birthdays were often linked to a certain god or goddess.
The song "Happy Birthday to You" is considered the most recognizable song in the English language. Sometimes, the traditional wording is swapped for comical teasing lyrics, such as "You look like a monkey and you smell like a zoo."
Would you like to draw the words "Happy Birthday" in cartoon letters to make your own handmade card? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You will also want to shade your drawing using bright colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 1
1. Use curved lines to outline the letter "H." Draw elongate oval shapes to form the sides of the letter, connected by curved lines that form a partial oval.
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an upside-down heart shape for the letter "A." Enclose a small circle within it. Use one curved line for the stem of the "P," and another for the upper portion. Draw a small circle in the middle.
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another letter "P" the same as the first. Then, use curved lines to outline the letter "Y."
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the letter "B" using a long curved line that overlaps on one side. Draw a small circle in the upper and lower portions. For the letter "I," use a curved line to enclose a rounded shape.
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the letter "R" using three curved lines - one for the stem, one for the upper portion, and one for the leg. Draw a small oval in the upper portion. Use two curved lines for the letter "T," one for the stem, and one for the cross-bar.
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the letter "H" as you did before. Use a curved line for each of the sides, connected by two curved lines. For the letter "D," draw a circle with a chunk missing from one side. Draw a small oval in the center.
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw an inverted heart with a small circle inside for the letter "A," and use curved lines to sketch the letter "Y."
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw some balloons beneath the message. Draw several circles or ovals. Under each, use several "U" shaped lines to enclose an irregular scalloped shape. Then, draw a wavy line to indicate the string.
Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a party hat on the letter "Y," erasing as necessary. First, draw a triangle with a rounded bottom line. Use curved lines to enclose an irregular shape on top, and band the hat with diagonal curved lines.
Complete Happy Birthday in Bubble Letters Drawing
Color your cartoon message.
Who's invited to the party? Check out our characters drawing guides and pick you favorite theme.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy and Fun Really Easy Drawing Ideas post.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).