Learn how to draw a great looking Kawaii Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Kawaii Cat.
Kawaii is a famous Japanese art style that focuses on cute things. With this easy drawing guide, you can sketch your own cute kawaii cat drawing at home.
Kawaii cats are easy to draw because they have a simple cartoon style that's good for beginners.
Your cartoon has a bright, cheerful personality, and they're eager to play and join you on your fictional adventures.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Once you're done, you can draw a friend for your kawaii cartoon cat or just enjoy the cuteness on its own.
Afterward, you can add a kawaii background with things like pink trees or fluffy clouds. Next, you can experiment by drawing a cute chibi cat.
To draw your cute kawaii cat, start with a pencil sketch, then outline the drawing and color it with paint, markers, crayons, or oil pastels.
You'll have an adorable cartoon cat in no time.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Kawaii Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Kawaii Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a circle to the left, then draw two circles inside the shape and fill them in. Draw a dash to the right, and sketch a wavy W shape underneath.
Easy Kawaii Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch two lines on either side of the face to start the kawaii cat head. Add two ovals underneath the eyes, then draw a loop underneath the W shape for the mouth.
Easy Kawaii Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another curve for the top of the head. Add two triangles for the ears.
Easy Kawaii Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline a triangle inside each ear to give them more depth.
Easy Kawaii Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch whiskers on either side of the face, then draw a loop with two lines for the left paw.
Easy Kawaii Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. To the right, make another loop with a wavy W shape underneath.
Easy Kawaii Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. On the left, draw a wavy vertical line, then sketch a loop for the left foot.
Add More Details to Your Kawaii Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line on the right that ends in a hook. Sketch another curved line on top to complete the right foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Kawaii Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a long oval for the tail, then draw a curve to complete the cat's body and add dashes for the toes.
Color Your Kawaii Cat Drawing
Outline your cartoon kawaii cat in black to finish the drawing.
Now that you've completed your cute kawaii cat outline, use light grey for shadows and pink for the ears, mouth and cheeks. If you want to get creative, color your cat with different shades, like orange or gray.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Kawaii Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).