Learn how to draw a great looking Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas.
“For it is plain as anyone can see, we’re simply meant to be.”
– Jack and Sally, The Nightmare Before Christmas
When Jack discovers a portal to Christmas Town, he wishes to adopt the holiday - but he ends up trying to conquer it.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The Nightmare Before Christmas originated as a poem written by director Tim Burton. After ruminating on it for a decade, he finally made the classic stop-motion animation film.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
You could also make a cute plushie Jack Skellington with these instructions to you loved one. 🙂
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas
How to Draw a Great Looking Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a large heart. This will frame your drawing. Then, sketch the irregular round shape of Jack's head using overlapping curved lines. Note the bulge of the eyebrow and the split of the mouth.
Easy Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw short curved lines over Jack's mouth. Use curved lines to trace the irregular oval shapes of his eyes. Use curved lines to form the eyebrow and nose. Shade two small ovals beneath the nose to indicate the nostrils.
Easy Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a pair of curved lines to form Jack's neck. Use two curved lines to enclose an arrow shape at its base, and draw two small ovals within it. Then, extend curved lines outward, and allow them to meet at sharp points.
Easy Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to sketch the opening of jack's suit, the triangular shapes of the lapel, the sides of the torso, and his arm, bent at the elbow. Band the arm at the bottom to indicate the cuff and hand. Draw a small circle on the middle of the suit to form a button.
Easy Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch Sally's face. Use curved lines to draw the pointed, rounded shapes of the eyes, the nose, and the overlapping lines of the mouth. Enclose irregular shapes on each side of the mouth to form the lips. Shade a small circle to form the pupil of each eye, and use curved lines for the eyebrow and eyelashes.
Easy Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to outline and texture Sally's hair. Extend a pair of curved lines to form the neck, and band it with a curved line. Further band this line with short lines, indicating the stitches that hold together this ragdoll creature.
Easy Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing - Step 7
7. Use Curved lines to outline the neck of Sally's dress, its sleeves, and its side. Note the wavy line that indicates a ragged edge to the sleeve, and the overlapping lines of stitches at the shoulder.
Add More Details to Your Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Picture - Step 8
8. Use pairs of curved lines to sketch Sally's arm, hand, and fingers. Band her arm and wrist with curved lines, and cross these lines with short, straight stitches. Use a curved line to complete the front of her dress.
Complete the Outline of Your Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines, crossed with stitches, across Sally's face, neck, chest, and stomach.
Color Your Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing
Color your cartoon of Jack and Sally.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).