Learn how to draw a great looking Kakashi Hatake from Naruto with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Kakashi Hatake from Naruto.
Naruto is an action-adventure and comedy fantasy series drawn in Japanese anime style. In this drawing guide, you'll learn how to draw Kakashi Hatake from Naruto.
Kakashi Hatake first appeared in the series in 1999.
Kakashi is a teacher to Team 7, of which the show's titular character is a member. He is a skilled ninja, easygoing, and an emphatic rule follower.
He had a difficult childhood, as his father died in disgrace. He had become an accomplished ninja by age five. He lost his eye in battle, and it was replaced by a Sharingan.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Kakashi means "scarecrow" in Japanese. This phrasing has often played a role in the artwork, as when scarecrows appear in the background or when Naruto uses a scarecrow dressed like Kakashi for training.
Would you like to draw Kakashi Hatake from Naruto? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
After finishing Kakashi, would you like to draw Naruto's face?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Kakashi Hatake from Naruto
How to Draw a Great Looking Kakashi Hatake from Naruto for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by using a long curved line to outline the shape of the face. Notice the contours of the jaw, chin, cheek, and brow. Then, use curved lines to outline the shape of the eyes and eyelids. Draw two successively smaller circles within each eye, and shade the smaller to indicate the pupil.
Easy Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing - Step 2
2. Use pairs of curved lines to draw the eyebrows, pointed on each end. Draw a curved line across the face, upturned where it crosses the nose. Use a long and short curved line to outline the nose itself. Then, draw a pair of curved lines above and below one eye to indicate Kakashi's scar.
Easy Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the sideburns, the ear, the details of the inner ear, the back of the neck, and the hair at the back of the neck.
Easy Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Kakashi's Leaf Village headband. Use curved lines to outline the rectangular shape, as well as the rounded rectangular shape of the metal plate. Draw small circles on the edges to indicate the rivets that hold it together. In the middle of the plate, sketch the spiral and triangle symbol of the Leaf.
Easy Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of short curved lines that meet at jagged points to draw Kakashi's hair. Notice how some of the hair falls forward across the headband.
The head and face of your Kakashi drawing are now ready.
Easy Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the collar of Kakashi's garment. Use curved lines to sketch the curved rectangular shapes. Then, draw a curved line along the top and front of each side to give it a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Kakashi's shoulder pads. Use curved lines to sketch the rounded and curved rectangular shapes. Then, draw a small circle near the bottom of each.
Add More Details to Your Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to sketch the arms, noting the line that doubles back upon itself to indicate a fold or wrinkle in the material. Draw pairs of curved lines downward from the shoulder pads to sketch the front of the tunic.
Complete the Outline of Your Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines to indicate the neck of the garment, with additional curved lines below to form the hem. Draw a curved line downward and double it back upon itself to form the closure of the garment. Detail the neck with curved lines.
Color Your Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing
Color your cartoon of Kakashi Hatake. He wears green and black clothing, and his hair is silver. One eye is grey and the other is red.
For more easy anime drawing tutorials, see the 31 Easy Anime Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).