Learn how to draw a great looking Rapunzel from Tangled with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Rapunzel from Tangled.
"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!"
- Rapunzel, by the Brothers Grimm, 1812
The fairy tale of Rapunzel recounts a the captivity of a girl with long blonde hair and the prince who rescues her. Disney's Tangled (2010), on which this guide is based, is perhaps the most well-known retelling.
In Tangled, however, Rapunzel herself is a princess, and she is rescued by a thief.
The story of Rapunzel was first published in 1790, but the idea is much older. Rapunzel's tale was based on earlier fables, such as Persinette and Petrosinella, published as early as 1634.
These may have further drawn from a Persian poem from the year 977.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The word rapunzel was the name of a certain salad green that played a role in the original story. In other versions, the plant was parsley.
Would you like to draw Disney's Rapunzel? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Rapunzel from Tangled
How to Draw a Great Looking Rapunzel from Tangled for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Rapunzel's face, using curved lines. Note the "C" shape of the ear, the small lines detailing the inside of the ear, and the overlap of the hairline.
Easy Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin to draw Rapunzel's long, blonde hair. Use long, curved lines that begin at the top of the head and meet in sharp points. Use additional curved lines to add texture to the hair.
Easy Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend two curved lines downward from the head to form the neck. Then, draw Rapunzel's blouse. Use wavy lines to enclose the lace at the neck. Then, use curved lines to sketch the teardrop-shaped sleeves as well as the bodice.
Easy Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail Rapunzel's blouse. Stripe the sleeves with curved lines. Use several teardrop-shaped lines to draw a bow at the top of the blouse. Then draw a pair of parallel lines downward to the bottom of the blouse. Draw "X"'s between these lines, giving it the appearance of being laced up.
Easy Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the sleeve by extending a pair of lines outward from the existing portion of the sleeve. Connect them with a curved line, and draw a wavy line around the end to indicate lace. Next, draw two long, curved lines descending from the bottom of the blouse to form the skirt. Indicate folds and ripples in the fabric using additional lines.
Easy Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Rapunzel's arm. Use a series of curved lines and "U" shaped lines to enclose her arm and fingers.
Easy Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing Rapunzel's long hair. Use a long curved line to outline the hair, and long and short lines to add texture.
Add More Details to Your Rapunzel from Tangled Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Rapunzel's remaining arm holding up some of her hair. First, use curved lines to outline the hair. Then, use curved lines and "U" shaped lines to draw the arm and hand.
Complete the Outline of Your Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish the cascade of hair flowing over Rapunzel's arm. Use a long, curved line to outline the hair, and shorter lines to texture it. Finally, draw Rapunzel's face. Use circles within circles to form the eyes. Shade between the two smallest to indicate the pupil. Use broad curved lines for the lashes and brows. Form the nose and mouth from curved lines.
Color Your Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing
Color Rapunzel. Her hair is typically blonde, and her dress shades of purple and pink.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Best People Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rapunzel from Tangled Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).