Learn how to draw a great looking Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
In Disney's Turning Red, Mei Mei fills her notebook with drawings - "horrible, awful, sexy things!" - of the boy she's crushing on.
Do you like to draw, too? You won't have to feel embarrassed to create this Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red drawing.
Mei was an average, 13-year-old Chinese-American girl. She excelled at school, loved a boy band, and enjoyed hanging out with her friends.
Then one day, that all changed. When her emotions run high, Mei Mei transforms into a giant, mystical red panda!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Red pandas are a small mammal native to Asia. Real red pandas are not as large as Mei's panda. They are about the size of a house cat.
If you enjoyed this Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red outline, you can explore Disney's other explorations of Chinese culture by drawing Mulan and her best friend Mushu.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cartoon Panda, Beast from Beauty and the Beast, and Bambi.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red
How to Draw a Great Looking Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Red Panda Mei lee from Turning Red outline by drawing the panda's face. Draw three successively smaller circles for each eye.
Shade the smallest circle to indicate the pupil. Then, draw an upside-down circle to form the panda's snout. Enclose the round nose inside it. Shade two small circles to form the nostrils, and a line to connect it to the mouth.
Easy Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the cartoon panda's wide, smiling mouth. Enclose the irregular shape using a long curved line. Then, use curved lines to enclose the teeth and tongue.
Easy Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the panda's head. Use rounded "V" shaped lines for the large ears, and connect them with a curved line. Use a long curved line for the chin, with shorter lines that meet at jagged points forming the furry cheeks. Enclose curved shapes above the eyes to indicate the eyebrows.
Easy Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the ears. Use curved lines that meet in jagged points to finish enclosing the head, indicating tufts of fur.
Easy Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing - Step 5
5. Pattern the face with curved lines. Then, extend wavy lines to form the whiskers. Begin sketching the shoulder, using a curved line.
Easy Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of "U" shaped lines to form the fingers of Mei's hand. Then, use overlapping curved lines to draw the furry arm.
Easy Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a long curved line and double it back upon itself, forming the panda girl's side and leg. Use a series of curved lines to sketch her remaining furry arm.
Add More Details to Your Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of curved lines to finish enclosing the body and remaining leg. Draw short lines at the tips of the feet to form the toes. Texture the torso with curved lines to indicate the fur.
Complete the Outline of Your Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Red Panda Mei lee from Turning Red outline by adding more furry texture to the body. Then, use a series of curved lines to enclose the fluffy tail.
Color Your Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing
Color your cartoon Of Mei Mei as a red panda. As their name suggests, the red panda's fur is orange and red. They also have white markings on their face and ears.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Red Panda Mei Lee from Turning Red Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).