Learn how to draw a great looking Seaweed with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Seaweed.
Don't get caught in the undertow! You can learn how to draw seaweed with the help of this easy, step-by-step nature drawing tutorial.
Seaweed is an underwater plant. It is also very easy to draw, consisting mainly of wavy curved lines.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Seaweed is home to many aquatic creatures. In this image, you will see a scallop sea shell and a conical seashell living near the seaweed.
If you enjoyed this tutorial, you can expand your skills by drawing whole underwater scenes that contain seaweed as well as coral and fish. Check out this coral reef drawing, or plant your seaweed in this fish tank drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Seaweed
How to Draw a Great Looking Seaweed for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the seaweed outline by drawing a seashell. Use curved lines to outline its trapezoidal base and scalloped edges. Contour the surface of the shell with curved lines. Learn more about how to draw a seashell here. Then, extend a wavy curved line upward from the shell. This will become the central vein of the first leaf of seaweed.
Easy Seaweed Drawing - Step 2
2. Complete the leaf outline by drawing two more wavy lines, one on each side of the vein. Allow the lines to meet at a point above the vein. At the base of the plant, enclose two round shapes. These are rocks on the ocean floor.
Easy Seaweed Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another leaf of seaweed. Again, use wavy lines for the vein and edges of the leaf. Enclose the irregular round shape of another rock at the plant's base.
Easy Seaweed Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another oval-shaped rock. From it, extend a wavy line upwards to form the vein of another leaf.
Easy Seaweed Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the leaf using wavy lines that meet at a point above the central leaf vein.
Easy Seaweed Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw more leaves partially hidden behind the existing leaves. For each, use wavy lines for the veins and outer edges.
Easy Seaweed Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a few more leaves peaking out from behind the flush of seaweed. Use wavy lines that meet at points at the top.
Add More Details to Your Seaweed Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the tips of a few more leaves at the top of the grouping of plants. Use wavy lines that meet at points, with veins running down the middle.
Complete the Outline of Your Seaweed Drawing - Step 9
9. Use overlapping curved lines to draw a spiral-shaped shell at the base of the seaweed. Complete the shell with a triangle-shaped point. Then, draw circular bubbles of different sizes floating around the seaweed.
Color Your Seaweed Drawing
Your seaweed outline is now complete. Color the seaweed green.
For more great plant drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Plant Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Seaweed Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).