What would it be like to wake up one day and realize that you were a superhero? Ask Barry.
Barry Allen was an ordinary young man. He was smart, he had a job at the police department, and he liked a pretty girl named Iris West. Life was pretty normal - at least, there were no super villains running around. But one day, everything changed.
A lightning bolt and various other factors, ranging from unnamed chemicals to a nuclear reactor meltdown, suddenly allowed Barry to access the Speed Force. He could now run, think, and react at impossibly fast speeds. Soon, he was using his newfound powers to protect the people of Central City, with the help of his friends and their scientific lab. Barry had become a superhero - The Flash.
The original Flash comic book hit the shelves in 1939. A number of characters have carried the mantle of the Flash, including Jay Garrick, Wally West, and Jesse Quick. Most incarnations of the Flash have joined forces with other superheroes, such as the Justice League or Teen Titans. In addition to comic books, the Flash has appeared in numerous movies, cartoons, and television series, most notably the CW's live action series, The Flash, which debuted in 2014.
Would you like to draw the Flash's logo? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorials is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, a good eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to use yellow and red crayons, markers, or colored pencils to finish your Flash logo. With these supplies in hand, your superhero journey is about to begin.
Watch 'How to Draw the Flash Logo' Video Tutorial
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing the Flash Logo
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form the basis of the entire Flash logo.
2. Draw another, slightly smaller circle within the first. This separates the logo's golden edging from its red interior.
3. Draw a long, straight line, beginning within the circle and crossing to the outside. Then, draw another, shorter straight line, beginning within the circle and meeting the first line in a sharp point outside the circle.
4. From the bottom of each of the straight lines, extend a short, horizontal, straight line to the right.
5. From one of the horizontal lines, extend a straight diagonal line.
6. Extend a straight, diagonal line from the other horizontal line.
7. Extend a short, straight, horizontal line to the right from each of the previous diagonal lines.
8.From one of the horizontal lines, extend a long, straight, diagonal line. This line should cross outside of the circles.
9. Finish enclosing the lightning bolt using a long, straight line, connecting the remaining lines. Erase any guide lines left by the circles from within the lightning bolt.
10. Color your Flash logo. Typically, the outer circle and lightning bolt are yellow or gold, while the inner circle is bright red.
What will you do with your Flash logo? Be creative. You could make an encouraging greeting card for someone who is feeling down, or show your superhero pride by decorating your school supplies. Would it put a little pep in your step to wear it on a t-shirt? Perhaps you can dream up yet another version of the Flash who wears different colors. The choice is yours.
Would you like to draw other fantastic super heroes? Our DC Universe drawing guides include Superman's logo, Batman's logo, Batman's face, Superman, and Batman. If you're a Marvel fan, take a look at our drawing guides for Spider-man, Spider-man's logo, Spider-man's face, Captain America, and Iron Man.