Learn how to draw a great looking Bird Feeder with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Bird Feeder.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Though her words are simple and few, 'Listen, listen,' she's calling to you, 'Feed the birds, tuppence a bag... Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag." - "Feed the Birds," song from Mary Poppins
Would you like to learn how to draw a bird feeder? This easy, step-by-step object drawing guide will help you master the bird feeder outline.
Do you have a bird feeder in your backyard? Many people do. Feeding and watching birds is a fun hobby, one which helps you learn about the animals that live in your neighborhood.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Some people like to keep records of the birds they see. These are called life lists. You can use a book called a field guide to help you figure out what the birds are.
What types of birds might you see? If you live in North America, the Northern Cardinal is a common feeder bird. It is readily identified by its bright red color.
Mourning doves, a type of pigeon, often congregate under bird feeders. Chipmunks and squirrels like eating from the feeder, too!
You may also see mockingbirds or eastern bluebirds, though these rarely visit bird feeders. Why not draw pictures to illustrate your life list?
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Toucan, Blue Jay, and Raven.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Bird Feeder
How to Draw a Great Looking Bird Feeder for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the bird feeder outline by sketching the house-like shape. For the base of the feeder, draw a rectangular shape, but notice that two diagonal corners have been flattened. Then, use straight lines to sketch the triangle and rectangle shapes of the roof.
Easy Bird Feeder Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin sketching the wall, erasing as necessary. Draw narrow, vertical, rectangular shapes that are slanted on the top. Use straight lines to enclose the corner of the roof. Draw another straight, horizontal line near the peak of the roof.
Then, detail the base of the bird feeder. Use straight lines to outline and texture the rectangular front and side.
Easy Bird Feeder Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw more walls. Use straight, vertical lines to enclose and detail the rectangular shapes. Then, draw straight lines between some of the tops and bottoms of these pillars.
Easy Bird Feeder Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the roof with straight lines. Use curved lines to sketch the “C” shaped hanging hook, the knot, and the cord that holds it. Finish detailing the base of the feeder with straight lines. Then, use curved lines to indicate the food inside.
Easy Bird Feeder Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin to draw a happy bird, erasing as necessary. Draw the teardrop-shaped beak and band it with a curved line. Use additional curved lines to outline the head, eye, brow, wing, and the tuft of feathers on the back of the head. Shade a small oval within the eye to indicate the pupil.
Easy Bird Feeder Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete your sketch of the bird, erasing as necessary. Use curved lines to sketch the belly, tail, and feet, and to detail the neck.
Easy Bird Feeder Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to draw a tree branch in the background. Notice how the lines of the twigs meet at sharp points, and how the curved lines overlap where the limb meets the trunk of the tree.
Add More Details to Your Bird Feeder Picture - Step 8
8. Draw teardrop-shaped leaves, connecting them to the twigs using the curved lines that indicate the leaf stems and veins. Use additional curved lines to draw more tree trunk and branches.
Complete the Outline of Your Bird Feeder Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your bird feeder outline by drawing additional leaves and the cloud-like tops of other bushes and trees in the background.
Color Your Bird Feeder Drawing
Color your cartoon bird feeder. We’ve shaded our bird in brown and tan tones to resemble the familiar sparrow.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Man-Made cartoons Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Bird Feeder Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).