Learn how to draw a great looking Candy Apple with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Candy Apple.
Sate your sweet tooth by learning how to draw a candy apple cartoon. You'll master the candy apply outline in no time with the help of this sweet treat drawing tutorial.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
According to one historian, candied apples were invented in the United States in 1908.
In the time since they were adopted as fall festival traditions since holidays like Halloween or Guy Fawkes Day follow the apple harvest.
You can make candy apples by puncturing ripe apples with a stick before dipping them in boiling sugar. Or, you can learn to draw one using a pencil and paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Candy Apple
How to Draw a Great Looking Candy Apple for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the candy apple outline by drawing a long curved line to indicate the bottom of the apple (yes, this apple is bottoms-up).
Draw another, wavy curved line intersecting the first. This is the edge of the candy coating.
Easy Candy Apple Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the wavy line to meet the other side of the first line. Then, draw another curved line extending from it.
Easy Candy Apple Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line to form the candy on the other side. At the bottom of the drawing, sketch a set of vertical, parallel curved lines.
Then, extend curved lines from each side of it. This is candy dripping from the apple.
Easy Candy Apple Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of curved lines to enclose a puddle of candy around the base of the apple.
Easy Candy Apple Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw the stick that serves as a handle for eating the apple. Draw a curved line to indicate the dimple on the bottom of the apple.
Then, extend a long curved line from the dimple and double it back upon itself to form the stick, erasing as necessary.
Easy Candy Apple Drawing - Step 6
6. Band the stick with curved lines.
Easy Candy Apple Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw bits of nuts or candy stuck to the candy coating. Use curved lines to enclose small irregular shapes.
Add More Details to Your Candy Apple Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more sprinkles or bits of candy. Use curved lines to enclose small irregular shapes.
Complete the Outline of Your Candy Apple Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your candy apple outline by texturing the puddle of candy with curved lines.
Color Your Candy Apple Drawing
Color your cartoon candy apple. We've shaded the apple red and the coating brown to resemble chocolate. Some candy apples are dipped in tan caramel or bright red hard candy.
Did you know? "Candy apple red" is a popular color of car paint. It conjures memories of this sweet treat!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Candy Apple Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).