Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Chicken with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Chicken.
There have been lots of famous fictional chickens, including Foghorn Leghorn, Chanticleer, and the cast of Chicken Run. You can learn how to draw a cartoon chicken with this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Of course, with both a rooster and a hen in your barnyard, you might find baby chicks like the one in this Easter chick drawing guide.
This chicken is drawn in a cartoonish style. If you want to draw a realistic chicken, check out this chicken drawing tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Chicken
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Chicken for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon chicken outline by drawing a curved line for the top of the beak. Then, use "U" shaped lines for the cheek and eyes. Enclose a full or partial oval for the pupil in each eye.
Easy Cartoon Chicken Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to trace the eyebrows, the side of the face, the lower portion of the beak, and the wattle beneath the beak.
Easy Cartoon Chicken Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to sketch the back of the head and neck and a series of curved lines for the feathers at the base of the neck.
Easy Cartoon Chicken Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the fleshy comb on top of the chicken's head. Use a wavy curved line to enclose the irregular shape.
Easy Cartoon Chicken Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a long curved line to draw the chicken's chest and belly. Then, use curved lines to detail the feathers at the top of the legs and on the body.
Easy Cartoon Chicken Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line, doubled back upon itself, to draw the chicken's wing.
Easy Cartoon Chicken Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a series of connected curved lines in the middle of the wing, indicating feathers. Then, use long "U" shaped lines to draw the flight feathers.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Chicken Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of "U" shaped lines to draw the chicken's tail. Extend the last of the lines to meet the back of the leg, fully enclosing the chicken's body.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Chicken Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the chicken's lower legs and feet. Extend pairs of curved lines from each thigh. Then, use overlapping curved lines to draw the long cylindrical toes. Texture the toes with curved lines, and draw a curved triangular claw at the end of each toe.
Color Your Cartoon Chicken Drawing
Your cartoon chicken outline is now complete. Color it using crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
Chickens come in a wide range of colors. Ours is white with a brown head, orange beak and feet, and a red comb and wattle.
Other varieties of chickens may be combinations of white, brown, black, red, orange, blonde, blue, and green.
For more great easy bird drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Easy Bird Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Chicken Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).