Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Christmas Tree with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Christmas Tree.
Is it beginning to look a lot like Christmas in your sketchbook? You can learn how to draw a cartoon Christmas tree with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
The pine tree itself consists of four sections - the trunk at the bottom, and three successively smaller triangle-shaped boughs. Each bough is made using "U" shaped lines.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Then, the tree is decorated with ornaments of various shapes - a star, circular balls, "J" shaped candies, and ribbons made from curved parallel lines.
Don't forget your crayons, markers, or colored pencils to add festive colors to your design.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Christmas Tree
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Christmas Tree for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin drawing the cartoon Christmas tree outline by sketching the five-pointed star at the top. From the bottom of the star, extend two curved lines.
Connect them at the bottom with a series of "U" shaped lines. This encloses the top portion of the tree.
Easy Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the tree's middle bough. Extend two curved lines from the section above it, then connect them at the bottom using a series of large "U" shaped lines.
Easy Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin drawing the lower segment of the tree. Use a series of connected "U" shaped lines.
Easy Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 4
4. Finish enclosing the lower segment of the tree using a series of connected "U" shaped lines.
Easy Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw the trunk of the tree. Enclose the rounded rectangle shape using three curved lines, then texture the bark of the tree with vertical lines.
Then, draw ribbons encircling the tree, erasing as necessary. For each length of ribbon, use parallel curved lines attached on the ends by short straight lines.
Easy Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw small circles in diagonal lines across the tree to give the impression of string lights.
Easy Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw circles all over the tree, erasing as necessary. These are classic ornaments. Learn how to draw even more types of ornaments with this Christmas ornaments drawing guide.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Christmas Tree Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved and straight lines to enclose the "J" shapes of candy canes, then band them with diagonal stripes. Learn more about how to draw a candy cane here.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw small bells with bows on top on each bough of the Christmas tree. Use curved lines to enclose the shape of the bell, its clapper, the detail of the rim, and the knot and bow on top.
Learn more about how to draw bells here.
Color Your Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing
Your cartoon Christmas tree outline is now complete. Color your drawing.
Trees are naturally green, but some modern Christmas trees are white, blue, or other colors. The ornaments and ribbons can be any color you choose.
For more great Christmas drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Christmas Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).