Learn how to draw a great looking Reindeer Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Reindeer Face.
Do you hear the jingling of sleigh bells? You can learn how to draw a reindeer face - a cute and silly animal wearing a Christmas hat!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Caribou is another name for reindeer. Caribou are a type of large deer that live in the Arctic. Interestingly, they do pull sleighs - people have domesticated reindeer and train them to work as pack or draft animals (to carry or pull things) and even to ride!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Reindeer Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Reindeer Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1.Begin the reindeer face outline by sketching the eyes. First, draw two curved lines to indicate the cheeks. Then, enclose a large partial oval on top of each line.
Draw two more successively smaller ovals inside each eye. Shade between them to indicate the pupils.
Easy Reindeer Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the animal's nose and smiling mouth. Draw a big, irregular oval for the nose, erasing as necessary. Draw a rounded "W" shaped mouth below it. Finally, draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows.
Easy Reindeer Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the fawn's face, ears, and neck. Use two curved lines for each ear, allowing them to meet at sharp points. Below the ears, extend the long lines of the cheeks.
At the bottom, draw the neck, allowing the cheeks to overlap it. Finally, draw a small "U" shaped line to contour the chin.
Easy Reindeer Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the ears, drawing a double-pointed teardrop shape inside each. Then, begin sketching the Santa hat. Use curved lines to draw a rounded rectangle on top of the reindeer's head.
Easy Reindeer Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw the top of the hat. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the crooked triangle shape.
Easy Reindeer Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a fluffy pom pom at the tip of the hat. Use curved lines to enclose the rounded shape. Then, extend a curved line from the side of the hat and double it back on itself at the end. This will become the first of the deer's antlers.
Easy Reindeer Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Finish enclosing the antler. Use a series of curved lines that double back upon themselves to draw the points of the antler.
Add More Details to Your Reindeer Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the remaining antler. Again, enclose each of the points by using curved liens that double back upon themselves.
Complete the Outline of Your Reindeer Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your reindeer face outline by drawing a collar and a bell around his neck. First, draw an oval below the neck. Then, enclose the curved rectangular collar above and overlapping the bell. Detail the bell by shading a small oval and drawing a thick line.
Color Your Reindeer Face Drawing
Color your cartoon of a reindeer’s face. We've given ours a red nose and a red and white hat. He's ready for those reindeer games!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Reindeer Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).