Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Ham with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Ham.
"I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-Am." - Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
On these occasions, the ham is often served whole, spiral sliced, or carved at the table. It is also a favorite sandwich meat.
Ham "was one of the most ancient meats of civilized peoples and was common throughout Europe and Asia except where forbidden by religious edict."
Before refrigeration, hams could be preserved or "cured" through salting or smoking, making them last longer. Along with bacon, pork products such as ham remain popular to this day.
In comedic cartoons such as The Looney Tunes, hams may be used to distract dangerous dogs, lions, tigers, or other predators.
People suffering from starvation may also envision their friends as a giant ham!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Ham
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Ham for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a long curved line to partially enclose an irregular round shape. This outlines the bulk of the ham.
Easy Cartoon Ham Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a curved line to enclose the open end where the bone emerges from the ham. Then extend a curved line to begin the bone.
Easy Cartoon Ham Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to draw the opposite side of the bone and the first of the bone knobs.
Easy Cartoon Ham Drawing - Step 4
4. Finish enclosing the bone with a curved line. Draw an oval in the middle of the ham - the opposite end of the bone.
Easy Cartoon Ham Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a "C" shaped line within the oval and cross it with a curved line.
Easy Cartoon Ham Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a large curved line across the top of the ham. This indicates the flat cut end of the ham. Then, draw a curved line across this flat side.
Easy Cartoon Ham Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more curved and "V" shaped lines across the flat side of the ham.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Ham Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more curved lines across the flat side of the ham, and begin drawing curved lines along the side of the ham.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Ham Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines across the ham at opposite diagonal angles to create a crosshatch pattern.
Color Your Cartoon Ham Drawing
Color your cartoon ham. Hams are often brown or pink and marbled with cream-colored fat.
For more great Cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Step-by-Step Cartoons Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Ham Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).