Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Horse with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Horse.
Yee-haw! Would you like to learn how to draw a cartoon horse? You'll be roping and riding in no time when you master this cartoon horse outline, with the help of our step-by-step drawing tutorial.
Almost every kid goes through a horse phase. Have you? Do you dream of owning and riding your own faithful steed?
Whether you live on a farm or in the city, you can learn how to draw this magnificent animal. Horses have captivated our imaginations and captured our hearts for millennia. After all, they were domesticated around 6,000 years ago, and they've had a role in human life ever since.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Have you read books or watched movies about fictional horses? Black Beauty, the Black Stallion, Spirit, Rain, Khan, Flicka - there are too many to name. Some stories are even about real horses, like Seabiscuit.
This horse is drawn in the cute style of My Little Pony. Will you let her brighten your day?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Horse
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Horse for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon horse outline by drawing the face. Use a curved line to outline the snout, noting the contours of the nostrils and lip. Use a curved line and a small shaded teardrop to draw the nostril.
Outline the eye using curved lines; note the lines of the eyelid and eyebrow. Draw and shade a partial circle inside the eye to indicate the pupil.
Easy Cartoon Horse Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line to sketch the horse's lower lip and jaw. At the top of the head, extend a pair of curved lines and allow them to meet at a point, forming the ear.
Then, use curved lines of different lengths to enclose the front of the mane. The lines should meet at curved, jagged points.
Easy Cartoon Horse Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the remaining ear on the opposite side of the mane, again using two curved lines that meet at a point. Contour the near ear with a curved line. Then, draw the long hair of the mane as it flows down the neck. Use curved lines of various lengths that meet at sharp, jagged points.
Easy Cartoon Horse Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a long curved line below the head to outline the neck and chest. Extend another long, curved line overlapping this one, and double it back upon itself to form the leg. Draw a curved line near the bottom of the leg to indicate the hoof.
Easy Cartoon Horse Drawing - Step 5
5. From the mane, extend another long, curved line to trace the horse's back and rump. Double it back upon itself to form the rear leg. Draw a curved line near the bottom of the leg to indicate the hoof.
Easy Cartoon Horse Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining foreleg, raised and bent at the knee. For this leg also, extend a curved line and double it back upon itself. Draw a curved line near the bottom of the leg to indicate the hoof. Draw a curved line between the tops of the front and rear leg to form the horse's belly.
Easy Cartoon Horse Drawing - Step 7
7. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the rear leg, also bent and raised from the ground. Draw a curved line near the bottom of the leg to indicate the hoof.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Horse Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the horse's flowing tail. Use curved lines of various lengths that meet at jagged points.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Horse Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the cartoon horse outline by texturing the mane and tail with curved lines.
Color Your Cartoon Horse Drawing
Color your cartoon horse. We've given our drawing a brown mane and a blonde fur, an uncommon but majestic coloration. Horses can be white, black, brown, grey, tan, cream, or even red. They can also have spots, speckles, stars, blazes, stockings, or socks.
For more great Cute cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw Cute cartoons Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Horse Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).