Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Seahorse with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Seahorse.
This seahorse is very simple to draw. In the steps below, he'll be broken down into a series of lines. You will notice the circle-shaped head, the spiral-shaped body and tail, and the way the curved lines meet in a scalloped pattern to enclose the fins.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The seahorse in our illustration looks a bit like the seahorse herald from Disney's The Little Mermaid. You can learn how to draw mermaid Ariel to keep this seahorse company.
Would you like to turn your sketch into an entire scene? Check out this coral reef drawing guide and give your seahorse a home.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Seahorse
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Seahorse for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon seahorse outline by drawing its eye. Draw short curved lines for the upper and lower lids, then enclose a partial oval between them.
Easy Cartoon Seahorse Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an oval within an oval inside the eye, and shade between them to indicate the pupil. Draw two curved lines above the eye to detail the upper eyelid and eyebrow.
Easy Cartoon Seahorse Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line around the eye to sketch the seahorse's head. Double it back upon itself at the front to form the snout and smiling mouth. Draw a short curved line at the corner of the mouth.
Easy Cartoon Seahorse Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line overlapping the mouth to form the lower jaw. From the bottom of the jaw, extend a long spiral line. This forms the seahorse's belly and its spiral-shaped tail.
Easy Cartoon Seahorse Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a line from the back of the head to the tip of the tail, completely enclosing the animal's body. Then, extend a short curved line from the head. Draw another line meeting it at a point. This begins the fish's dorsal fin.
Easy Cartoon Seahorse Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue drawing the dorsal fin along the head, neck, and back. Use short curved lines that meet at points. Notice how the lines get shorter near the bottom of the fin.
Easy Cartoon Seahorse Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another fin in the middle of the back. Use connected "U" shaped lines to form a scalloped pattern.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Seahorse Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the fins with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Seahorse Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a long curved line from the head to the tail, loosely parallel to the outline of the belly. Then, texture the belly with horizontal curved lines.
Color Your Cartoon Seahorse Drawing
Your cartoon seahorse outline is now complete. Color your drawing. Seahorses come in many bright colors, including red, yellow, orange, and green, while others are dull and brown.
For more great sealife drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Sealife Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Seahorse Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).