Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Volcano with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Volcano.
Volcanoes are amazing. You can learn to draw one with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon volcano drawing guide.
Volcanoes are made of simple shapes. The mountain itself is a triangle, and the vent - the opening at the top - is an oval. The lava flows are made of curved lines.
How can you use this volcano drawing? You could create a story or a school report about prehistoric times. Pair the volcano with a tyrannosaurus rex drawing, a triceratops drawing, and a brachiosaurus drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Islands like the one in this island drawing are often formed by volcanoes.
You could also make a poster about what to do in case of a natural disaster. In addition to the volcano, you could illustrate your poster with an earthquake drawing, a hurricane drawing, and a tornado drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Volcano
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Volcano for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon volcano outline by drawing two wavy curved lines. These will become the sides of the volcano.
Easy Cartoon Volcano Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long curved line connecting the previous lines. Where it meets the other lines, double the ends of the line back upon themselves. This overlap will become part of the lava.
Easy Cartoon Volcano Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend one of the doubled-back lines, and draw another curved line beside it. This is a lava flow. At the top of the volcano, draw the vent. Use overlapping curved lines to form the "C" shaped opening.
Easy Cartoon Volcano Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw more pairs of curved lines descending from the lava. Allow some to meet at sharp or gentle points. Some should branch to form a "Y" shape.
Easy Cartoon Volcano Drawing - Step 5
5. Enclose the last flow of lava with a pair of curved lines. Then, texture the lava with "U" shaped lines and irregular shapes.
Easy Cartoon Volcano Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to texture the flowing lava with "U" shaped lines. Draw a cloud of smoke above the volcano. Use a series of curved lines to enclose the irregular shape.
Easy Cartoon Volcano Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the first cloud of smoke and enclose another, smaller cloud.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Volcano Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more mountains in the distance. Use curved lines that meet at inverted "V" shaped points. Then, draw irregular teardrop shapes spewing from the volcano. This indicates even more lava.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Volcano Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the volcano and the mountains in the distance with curved and zigzag lines.
Color Your Cartoon Volcano Drawing
Your cartoon volcano outline is now complete. Color your picture. Often, volcanoes are depicted as being brown and rocky. Lava is hot and therefore orange, red, or yellow in color. The smoke and ash from a volcano are usually dark - brown, gray, or black in color.
For more great easy landscape drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Easy Landscape Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Volcano Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).