Learn how to draw a great looking Cat Skeleton with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cat Skeleton.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cat skeleton? Whether you're looking to make feline Halloween decorations or working on a science project, this cat drawing guide has the help you need.
Why might you draw a cat skeleton outline?
People often pair animals and human skeletons in creating scary scenes for Halloween, Día de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead), or similar holidays.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
At other times, illustrations of bones are used to learn about anatomy - the science concerning the structure of animals.
You might decide to make a science fair project or report on cat anatomy, and this drawing can help.
Did you know? X-ray machines allow you to see the bones inside - inside your body or even a cat's.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cat Skeleton
How to Draw a Great Looking Cat Skeleton for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cat skeleton outline by drawing the skull. Use a long curved line to trace an incomplete oval shape. At the bottom, use “V” shaped lines to create triangular fangs, then connect them with a curved line, enclosing the outline.
Draw two inverted teardrop shapes for the orbits or eye holes, and a small heart shape for the nasal cavity, where the nose would have been.
Easy Cat Skeleton Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two rounded triangles on top of the skull to indicate the ears. These help us recognize the drawing as a cat, although a cat’s ears contain no such bones. Then, draw a flattened oval beneath the fangs to indicate the lower jaw.
Easy Cat Skeleton Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a wavy, rectangular shape below the head to indicate the vertebra or neck bone. Below this, outline the irregular shape as pictured. This indicates the clavicle and scapula, bones of the chest and shoulder.
Easy Cat Skeleton Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a typical bone shape in one of the indentions of the shoulder bones. Below it, draw another. This forms the cat’s front leg.
Easy Cat Skeleton Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a bone shape in the second indention, with another below it. This forms the remaining foreleg.
Easy Cat Skeleton Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a series of irregular round shapes between the upper arms. Then, draw an oval at the bottom of each leg with several teardrop shapes extending from it. These are the cat’s paws and claws.
Easy Cat Skeleton Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the rib cage using a series of long “U” shaped lines. Then, draw two more irregular shapes, indicating the spine.
Add More Details to Your Cat Skeleton Picture - Step 8
8. Draw an irregular oval between the front legs and a large irregular round shape below the spine. These suggest the bones of the pelvis.
Complete the Outline of Your Cat Skeleton Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cat skeleton outline by drawing a series of irregular rounded rectangles extending from the hip. The shapes should become gradually smaller, terminating with a teardrop shape. These indicate the bones of the cat’s tail.
Color Your Cat Skeleton Drawing
Color your cartoon cat skeleton. We’ve shaded ours as a black silhouette. Bones, though, are often white, and fossilized bones are brown.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cat Skeleton Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).